Child Protection Research Jobs Save The Children NGO
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Child Protection Research Jobs Save The Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Research Fellow (Child Protection) will be the senior lead in generating evidence for child protection and child rights governance programmes of the Country Office. Using empirical research approaches, the Research Fellow will identify research opportunities and conduct research to measure effectiveness of child protection programmes and provide knowledge supports in improving effectiveness.
S/he will extract learning from wider research and practitioner communities to increase innovativeness and inform policy especially within the humanitarian and development sectors to deepen the impact of our work on children’s lives. S/he will establish linkages with academic institutions and position the Somalia/Somaliland Country Office as a thought leader and influencer on child protection of the country.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Qualifications and Experience for the Research Job
- At least 5 years’ experience in research related to child protection and girls’ empowerment
- Post-graduate level academic competence (preferably with doctoral degree) in anthropology or related discipline
- Credibility and influence (externally and internally) through depth and breadth of expertise; the ability to give professional support and direction to others; seek, review and apply best practice from elsewhere.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research on child protection and experience of publications (including peer reviewed journals)
- Experience of conducting mixed-method research with strong quantitative or qualitative background, and competent in measurements of sensitive issues
- Intellect, creativity and judgement: original ideas; creative approach; sound judgement, encourage ideas, initiative and innovation in others;
- Personal effectiveness/self-management: time, pressure, flexibility, adaptability, commitment to own development;
- Leadership and vision: clear vision; ability to secure commitment to vision; initiate and manage change; to earn credibility; to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; integrity and fairness;
- Considerable proven experience in undertaking and leading the production of policy, research and evaluation outputs in similar organisations (Save the Children)
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of designing and managing high level researches and evaluations
- Extensive experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/ principles framework
- Proven track record of policy influencing with partners, government and civil societies/key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce and disseminate research and evaluation outputs to variety of audiences using effective approaches
- Strong inter-organisational skill such as networking including donors, negotiation and communication.
- Willing and able to travel time to Somalia/Somaliland to support field teams as security permits
- High level of fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.