Christian Blind Mission Job Vacancy : Programme Finance Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Christian Blind Mission
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
Contract: Temporary until 31st December 2018
- Working in the Regional Office – Nairobi, take responsibility for:-
- Working closely with the Country Offices and Partners in supporting the Head of Finance and Operations in the financial monitoring of your allocated portfolio within Africa East.
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Operations in ensuring that the implementing partners fully comply with all aspects of CBM financial and monitoring policies as outlined in the Project Contracts and General Terms & Conditions
- Ensuring Navision quality assurances in the Regional Office – data, reports etc. and ensuring monitoring is up-to date
- Monitor on a weekly basis the deliverables arising from backlog of reporting for the period before year 2017.
- Review and analyse the 2017 Y.E.C and project reports **
- Providing timely project budget implementation feedback to support the in the monitoring of programs, and the Program Team in informed programme planning through:
- Preparing financial documents (e.g., CBM Project Financial Checklists) for approval critically analyzing partners’ financial and narrative monitoring reports for compliance against approved budgets;
- Documenting the key highlights noted in the financial monitoring reports and reporting on the progress of the implementation of recommendations by CBM, project auditors and other stakeholders through persistent follow ups.
- Review periodical program fund reconciliation statements and financial reports (including Project Progress Report) from the implementing partners in coordination with the |Country Offices to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Assist in conducting financial reviews and investigative audits of partners, and suggest corrective action as appropriate on areas in partners’ financial systems and procedures that need improvement.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of Reference for project audits and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated in the TORs.
- Identify red-flag partners, compile the red-flag reports and checklists, follow up with the partners and Country Offices and provide regular updates to the Africa East program team and International Audit Department.
- Assist in partners’ financial training needs, contributing to training materials and resources, organizing and facilitating partners’ finance workshops for the Regional Office and project finance officers, and take responsibility for following up on participants’ action plans.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of References for project monitoring visits by the Africa East Program Team ensuring that partners’ outstanding budget implementation queries are addressed by the visiting team.
- To provide support as required, to the Program Finance Manager in the annual budget process (budget application review and data entry into Navision.)
- Uploading of approved financial and narrative project monitoring reports in Navision and SharePoint.
- To comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM.
Professional Profile and Requirement
- Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Degree in a Finance related field (such as Business Management or Business Administration)
- A professional accounting qualification (such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA) and Project Management knowledge is an asset
- Four years’ experience (previous experience working with CBM is an added advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
- Highly numerate with proven analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to translate financial information to non-financial audience.
- Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
How to Apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to [email protected]
Application deadline: 5 pm 16th May 2018.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.