Cloud Security Engineer at Standard Bank Group
- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya - IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand.
The Bank has defined Cloud as one of the Quantum Shift Strategy foundations to ensure that we strategically positioned to leverage the key benefits of cloud computing in our digitization Journey i.e.
- faster innovation
- flexible resources
- economies of scale
- Pay as you use, thus lowering upfront capital expenditure costs, and allowing you to run your infrastructure more efficiently and scale as your business needs change.
Accordingly, the Bank intends to migrate more than 80% of our technology estate to cloud services over the next 5 years. Going forward the Bank has also defined a ‘cloud first’ engineering principle that requires that for all technology solutions designed for customers, we must consider first Public Cloud, then Private Cloud with On-premise as the last resort, this also implies “Cloud first” application acquisition and “Cloud first” application development
The role of the Cloud Security Engineer is to anchor the cloud journey and support or contribute significantly to a number of products or work streams relating to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions, operating across a number of Service Teams within the Bank, and proactively engaging with internal stakeholders in the delivery of Cloud solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation solutions based on architectural best practices and industry standards to ensure the effective implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation of high availability, cost efficient, fault tolerant and scalable distributed systems.
- Lead the delivery and support of Cloud solutions, based on defined standards from the Group Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) for Applications and Infrastructure and other applicable industry standards.
- Lead the delivery of multiple Cloud architecture patterns, including connectivity patterns and implementations to drive customer outcomes.
- Analysis of application portfolios, to support in identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components and assessing migration feasibility.
- Supports in the design of applications and identifies the most appropriate and fit for purpose method such as lift and shift for existing on-premises application and data, rehosting, refracturing or designing and building a cloud data application.
- Integrates existing Cloud infrastructure or network environment with corporate infrastructure or data centre environment to ensure effective implementation.
- Supports in the design of reference architecture and provides input to the DevOps team for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement and foster innovation within the function and team.
- Collaborate and influence stakeholders across the IT Business to ensure that services offered are relevant and efficient.
- Support in influencing various stakeholders on new and innovative ways of work.
- Collaboration with the bank enterprise risk management teams to proactively manage risks associated with migration of workloads to the cloudPreferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree / Information Technology/ Electrical or Electronics Engineering/
- Application Development and Support of 5-7 years
- Computer Science/ Physics /Mathematics
- Post Graduate Degree/ Information Technology
- Certification in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl
- Cloud certifications for Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Security Certifications i.e. Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Security Manager, CompTIA Sec+ and Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Experience gained in using production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
- Designing and executing small scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy. Be familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Must have had a focus on instrumentation and observability with experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, nNagios and Graphite.
- Be familiar with systems and configuration management tools (e.g. Chef and Terraform).
- Have experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams and lastly, experience integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline and prior programming background in at least one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th May, 2021