Co-operative Bank of Kenya Job Vacancy : ICT Project Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Are you passionate about technology, with very strong organizational skills and the attitude and the ability to get things done? Are you looking for a challenging, fast-paced role managing a range of ICT projects?
We desire a self-motivated individual who can thrive in an agile environment, while interacting and communicating effectively with other team members. This position requires extensive experience implementing projects in either waterfall or agile frameworks coupled with sound analytical ability.
The ideal candidate will help define and oversee all aspects of project planning including schedules, resource allocation, and scope. He/she must understand new technology as it comes together, track cross-functional tasks and deliverables to achieve on-time results, which are of a high quality. We want someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who has a deep understanding and grasp of agile principles and concepts.
Reporting to the Head – ICT Projects, the Project Manager’s primary ongoing responsibility will be management of projects to ensure that the expected objectives are delivered on time, within budget, with high quality and realization of benefits. The role holder will ensure the application of appropriate skills, tools and techniques to project activities during the project life cycle, addressing the various needs, concerns and expectations of the stakeholders and balancing the competing project constraints of Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risk.
Roles for the ICT Project Manager Job
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Lead and manage implementation of projects within a portfolio of competing projects and limited time and resources.
- Develop processes and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology for Planning, Defining, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and reporting activities within the project lifecycle.
- Prepare project initiation and governing documents like, Project Charter and Project Management Plans
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team and assemble a cross-functional project staff for their technical or functional contribution to the project.
- Identify key stakeholders to the project and their roles and value while coordinating activities across different internal and external functions
- Assigning work to team members in collaboration with the work stream owner and ensuring the team remains motivated to deliver.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation as well as constantly checking on project progress toward meeting its objectives, determining the cause of deviations from the plan if any and take corrective actions to address deviations.
- Facilitate the definition of scope; service levels and user requirements in addition to coordinating partners, vendors and consultants engaged in the project work.
- Organize and ensure proper and adequate testing phases within projects.
- Provide regular reporting and presentation of project status, progress, risks and issues to all stakeholders.
- Convene regular Project Steering Committee meetings that include, Executive Sponsor and other stakeholders
ICT Project Manager Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field from a recognized university with a Certification in Project Management – Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP. Certification in Agile Project management will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects.
- Proven consistent experience of successfully managing various ICT projects in both waterfall and agile implementation frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of project management lifecycle, phases, techniques and tools with strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff, energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus.
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs.
- Knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools with an understanding of IT as a shared service to other areas of the bank.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number PM/ICT/2018 by 21st May, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.