Corteva Job Vacancy : Security Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Corteva
- Location: Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Kenya
The Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™, Corteva Agriscience™, brings you the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions, featuring Pioneer® and Brevant™ Seeds, award-winning Crop Protection products, Encirca® and Granular® software tools and services. We provide agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability. We strive to develop sustainable and efficient global food systems that benefit everyone. Our goal is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet?
Enjoy a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer. Pioneer Hi-Bred International has business operations in more than 90 countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high quality Pioneer brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes agricultural productivity. By combining conventional and advanced plant genetics, Pioneer is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a growing population’s demand for agricultural seed.
The Leveraged position will support the Regional Security Manager for Africa. Responsible for all aspects of security function in the region, with initial focus on the implementation and continuous improvement of DuPont security policies, practices and procedures for the continent of Africa. Responsible for providing training and increasing the security competency within the region.
The Incumbent will conduct internal investigations as directed by Regional Security Manager and when appropriate, provide support to and coordinate with Leveraged Operations & Risk Management, Legal, Internal Audit, Information Security, and Business functions. Develop and maintain appropriate high-level law enforcement contacts at local, regional and national level.
- Provide expert assistance for the execution of DuPont security policies and procedures throughout the region, working in support of Country, Regional and Business leadership.
- Develop continuous improvement and key competency training to help ensure the safety of all regional personnel and corporate assets.
- Perform risk assessment and develop mitigation strategies for both internal and external risk to DuPont Intellectual Property & Trade Secrets under the direction of RSM.
- Routinely assist business and functions in conducting sensitive and confidential internal investigations as directed by the RSM.
- Such confidential investigations range from minor infractions of company policies to serious criminal misconduct and are conducted in coordination with
- Legal, Internal Audit and other functions as required.
- Provide executive security support in instances of potential threat environments.
- Maintain liaison with law enforcement, government authorities, and appropriate private security entities within the countries where DuPont operates in the region.
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigations with the appropriate law enforcement and governmental agencies when necessary.
- Under the guidance of the RSM, network and benchmark for best practices with other security professionals in the region.
- Maintain proficiency around applicable laws, internal company policies, judicial decisions, governmental regulations that impact on security and investigative functions.
- Consult and provide guidance on a wide range of security issues, including, but not limited to personal security and protection, residential security, domestic violence, terrorism, threat management in the workplace, drug and substance abuse, crime prevention, travel, identity theft & fraud prevention activities in the region and emergency response.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 5 years of law enforcement, intelligence community or corporate security experience with at least three years of program management experience.
- Experience working or living in the region and language fluency is essential.
- Security subject matter expertise in various related fields such as investigations; technical security programs and solutions; emergency preparedness & response; crime prevention; information security; content protection; threat analysis; event management; intelligence etc.
- Experience working or having formal education in emergency response, crisis management or business continuity.
- Highly developed management, communication, and problem-solving capabilities are essential.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of people, both inside and outside of the company, including various cultures
- Ability to travel extensively as needed.
- Must demonstrate and promote a high level of integrity and ethics with an appreciation for diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Ability and willingness to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Excellent report writing skills, public speaking and time management skills.