CRES Projects Coordinator at Absa Bank Limited
- Company: Absa Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
- The purpose for this role is to have a dedicated resource with the appropriate technical skills and knowledge to support the CRES Project Manager in project coordination, management and implementation within the set project governance and budget control standards.
- To follow and apply Absa Bank Kenya PLC project practices, standards and methodologies as defined from time to time in the delivery of projects.
Management of the project budgets
Time split: 15%
- Prepare budget/ financial reports and controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations
- Manage and reconcile the project budget
- Maintain and update project costs and invoice trackers
- Verify project invoices and payments
- Prepare contract change orders and monitors their execution
Information Management and Reporting
Time split: 15%
- Monitor and report on all phases of planning and construction to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified business objectives.
- Ensure effective, timely written and oral communication with consultants and internal customers during all phases of design and construction.
- Maintain and update the Master project filing library and documentation using correct standards
- Maintain and update the Master projects update tracker regularly, produce reports to identify the status of the project in terms of milestones, key achievements and key risks.
- Updating projects RAIDs logs
- Document, distribute and file all official project meeting
Time split: 50%
- Provide daily and immediate oversight for the execution of assigned project or small enhancements
- Coordinate with Project Manager to facilitate rational facility project planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Coordinate projects or small enhancements between the users and suppliers ensuring procedures and materials comply with specifications; observe work in progress to gauge timeliness, conformance with requirements, and acceptable workmanship.
- Prepare planning documents for initiation of projects to gain approval
- Coordinate with sourcing and the users to develop recommendations for selection of professional services.
- Conduct pre-construction conceptual and design meetings (Discovery of Works), prepare designs, bills of quantities/ Scope of Works and tender documentations
- Reviews bids, recommend and prepare construction contracts and monitors their execution and distribution.
- Receive pay requests from professional consultants and contractors and verifies for payment.
- Monitors and facilitates resolution of construction contract disputes and claims.
- Coordinate with facility occupants and assists the move-in to new facilities.
- Assists in development, implementation and maintenance of new and existing standards of practice for project management activities
- Supervise and train facility employees and contractors as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Time split: 20%
- Manage all activities and duties in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards.
- Follow agreed controls for resource, schedule and quality requirements.
- Project and identify areas of risk, concern and issue management procedures, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Review designs, plans, contract and other specifications for compliance with appropriate building codes and project requirements.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
- Ensure that each Risk, Issue and dependency Log is updated and maintained and that the associated mitigating actions are being tracked
- Escalate matters outside SLA to the Project Manager where appropriate
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of status of costs of new construction, escalation factors, and market trends.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice.
- Knowledge of laws governing construction contracts and contracting.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Drive for results
- Technical skills/knowledge
- Planning and Organizing
- Team player
- Quality, High Standards and Controls
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Some construction management, engineering or project management experience
- Some experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods and a quality process
- Ability to effectively work within a team
- Understanding of the ARO Project governance and policy framework
- Some experience of appropriate Project /programme management software e.g. MS Project Online.
- Some experience using appropriate architectural drawing tools e.g. ArchiCAD, autoCAD.
- Understanding of Project Management techniques E.g. Prince II, PMP etc.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th June, 2021