Data Analytics and Visualization Expert at Palladium International
- Company: Palladium International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Palladium Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) practice vision is to improve health and development investments and outcomes by strengthening information and governance systems and local capacity and ownership at scale to use quality data in real time for positive impact. To do this, DIAS takes a systems approach that combines its expertise in M&E and research; effective data use; and information and communication technology (ICT) to help governments and development partners throughout the world design, implement, and evaluate service delivery and performance monitoring systems at all levels of the health, education, agriculture, and economic growth systems. To support the technical delivery of informatics solutions, DIAS has formed a regional team of informatics experts based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Kenya Informatics Team is responsible for supporting health informatics and ICT projects across the DIAS portfolio globally.
Purpose of Position
Palladium is seeking a Data Analytics and Visualization Consultant to support the Strategic Information (SI) Team. The Data Analytics and Visualization consultant will provide in-depth analysis of data, develop high quality dashboards and information products for key priority indicators.
- Conduct regular analysis of performance on key priority indicators
- Create dashboards, automated reports, report templates and presentations by analyzing requisite data using of data visualization and analysis tools.
- Influence interventions through state-of-the-art analytics through understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Work with Strategic information advisor(s) to understand, clarify and document data analysis and reporting needs. Provide guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design.
- Work with the support of Snr Regional Data analytics and use Advisor and health informatics teams to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Apply data mining techniques, do statistical analysis, and build high quality predictive analysis information products. Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Recommend data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support reports and dashboards.
- Aggregates large data sets using analytical tools for analysis. Develops data strategies specifically around data structures, identifying critical information, as well as the tools used to retrieve and analyze the data. Performs research and analysis on large data sets – data exploration, trending, modeling, etc.
- Develop and generate high quality information products and infographics to generate meaningful use of data for programmatic decision making.
- Degree in computer science, statistics or management information systems, or any health-related degree with health informatics experience preferred. Master’s degree an added advantage.
- Advanced data analysis skills and proficiency in statistical and GIS packages at least one or two such Stata, SPSS, Epi, QGIS and so on
- At least 5 years work experience in data analysis, data mining, BI (Tableau, Power BI and other tools) and Analytics development or other related analytical projects with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting. Proficient in development of infographics and packaging of information products
- Experience working with large datasets (on relational as well as non-relational data stores) and excellent understanding of metadata, DHIS2 and patient level data.
- Possess sharp analytical skills and problem-solving abilities especially with data forecasting, cleaning and transformations.
- Strong proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, (or similar visualization tool), R/Python or other statistical tools.
- Experience working in Health programming will be added advantage
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to mentor and train through a variety of methods including online, face-to-face, or blended learning opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd October, 2020