Debt Recovery Officer at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Company: Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The AECF provides catalytic funding in the form of repayable and non-repayable grants to businesses that would not otherwise have access to adequate financing. The AECF is part of the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) family and has been supported by governments (Australia, Canada, Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden and United Kingdom),
Position Level: JG 6
Reports to: Director of Investments and Portfolio
Department: Investments and Portfolio
Start Date: Immediately
The overall objective of this role will be to identify, evaluate and monitor the non-performing loan accounts and implement a recovery action plan to achieve timely and maximum recovery at a minimal cost and appropriate turn-around time.
The role holder will be responsible for handling a portfolio of delinquent loan facilities issued to The AECF Investees with the objective of putting in place and adopting appropriate strategies within policy guidelines and regulation to minimize credit losses.
Reporting to the Director of Investments and Portfolio, the Debt Recovery Officer will:
- Monitor allocated portfolio of delinquent loans facilities to determine reasons for delinquency by application of sound credit judgment, collections strategy and process within pre-determined broad policy guidelines and regulation to minimize credit losses;
- Maintain a loans ageing analysis, schedule, and follow up with the investees on the recoverability of outstanding loan balance;
- Prepare approval requests to management for negotiated settlements and follow up until account is fully settled and the balance paid off;
- Ensure compliance to AECF’s Credit Policy and Procedures with regard to the management of the debt recovery process;
- Maintain and prepare monthly collections reports, updates and status;
- Respond to investee complaints and queries and escalate unresolved cases for supervisors’ review and advice;
- Maintain a consistent reduction of non- performing debts through aggressive recoveries and viable restructuring options;
- Undertake regular and frequent calls, site visits, and follow-ups with the investees’ to implement remedial strategies and action plans;
- Initiate demand and reminding letters to all defaulting customers and review all credit files for proper documentation and monitoring;
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements by working closely with the legal department to ensure effective compliance standards are consistently met;
- Developing and continuously reviewing Credit policies and procedures ensuring their compliance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Social science, or other relevant fields. Certification in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ of relevant work experience in debt collection. Experience with donor-funded organizations will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of recoveries processes with a sound understanding of the credit life cycle and debt recovery process/techniques;
- Should have sound knowledge in Credit risk management;
- In-depth understanding of Legal principles related to lending;
- Must have the ability to translate and apply Credit knowledge to improve positive results in negotiations with clients;
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and with polish to individuals and groups of people;
- Results-oriented and accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of The AECF with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Exhibits excellent customer service standards at all times while handling investees issues and investee correspondences assigned on recovery-related matters; Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English;
- Proficiency in using applications software, including presentation, spreadsheet, word processing, and project management tools.
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Method of Application
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Recovery Officer’’– AECF/RO/2020” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. Applications should be received by or before 14th April 2020
Kindly note that the call for applications will remain open until the position is filled. Address your application to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.aecfafrica.org