Delivery Manager Jobs Kenya – M-KOPA Solar
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
Delivery Manager Job At M-KOPA Solar, Kenya
To ensure research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs. The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
Position Title: Delivery Manager – Device Software
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Start: As soon As Possible
Reporting to: Matrix reporting
Reports to HOD Engineering on Technology
Reports to CTO on Delivery Management
Delivery Manager Job Purpose
- This is a senior role in M-KOPA’s engineering team, central to delivery of a fast-moving product roadmap.
- More widely, given M-KOPA’s leadership role in this emerging sector, this role will be influential in shaping the delivery of our “connected machines” ecosystem.
- The Device Software Delivery Manager is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of all of M-KOPA’s firmware and device-related software products incorporating requirements capture, development, quality assurance and operational integration of the custom firmware and related software assets for M-KOPA’s solar home system hardware and associated peripherals.
- This includes alignment with company policies and initiatives on requirements capture tools and methods, software delivery processes, testing tools and methods and operational release processes.
- The Device Software Delivery Manager is also responsible for management of team resources, allocation of tasks/deliverables and ensuring timely delivery of quality software.
Delivery Manager Job Responsibilities
- Line management of the firmware (software) delivery team to ensure high quality, timely production of firmware releases.
- Liaison with M-KOPA’s software team and third party software providers for the specification and delivery of device control and manufacturing/production related software assets.
- Managing and contributing to requirements analysis, documentation, delivery and test of firmware releases across all of M-KOPA’s firmware code-bases.
- Participating in the prioritization and planning of firmware releases and supporting software assets across all products to align with the product release roadmaps.
- Working with project managers to align firmware releases and device software with overall hardware device delivery plans or operational improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with the HoD Engineering to capture feature requirements coming from product roadmaps and from the
- Device Operations team and manufacturing teams.
- Ensure that standard testing processes are applied to the release of firmware, including delivery of high quality test cases, teat suites and test plans.
- Participate in troubleshooting of firmware and hardware related issues to drive positive change in product firmware.
- Assess and promote continuous improvement in the processes and quality assurance for firmware delivery.
- Any other tasks as directed by HoD Engineering.
Qualifications For Delivery Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software or related subject – relevant professional experience will be accepted.
- At least 5 years working in a software/firmware delivery capacity with at least 2 years in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Knowledge/experience in agile software delivery processes
- Practical experience in writing software using C, C++, Java or .NET
- Knowledge of software release processes and quality gating
- Experience in building micro-controller or embedded software solutions
- Knowledge/experience in electronic engineering or hardware production
- Knowledge/experience of formal project management methodology (e.g. Prince 2)
- Experience of working in a consumer electronics related role
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business and team objectives and ensure that these are applied appropriately to all business activities
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with Operational Teams, Developers, IT and other business users
- Customer Focus (internal) – Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure that customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build solid relationships with team members and internal customers.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication skills suited for technical audiences, peers, IT management, data users and consumers.
- Planning and Organizing – Effective at planning and managing own workload and ability to split time between reactive tasks and planned project work.
- Teamwork – Effective at contributing towards the objectives of a team, and being able to share knowledge, experience, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Effective at solving problems in a measured and creative way.
- Proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are of benefit to the business. Effective at balancing long and short term objectives. Responsible for own decisions and actions.
- Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behavior that should provide an example to other employees. Needs to be able to identify tasks outside of own remit and work with peers to ensure an end to end solution is effectively delivered. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
How to Apply
- To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to [email protected] with the subject EV-DMDS-2079 Deadline for application is 5pm on Friday 8th July, 2016.