Dental Officer(4 Posts) at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
- Formulate, review and implement dental policies, standards, guidelines and protocols.
- Provide appropriate information to patients on diagnosis, treatment or management and consequences of orofacial conditions and diseases.
- Performance of procedures on the orofacial complex teeth, hard and soft tissues surrounding or supporting the teeth and rehabilitation of dentition.
- Manage of impacted teeth by surgical extraction and disimpaction.
- Investigate, administer local analgesia and/or sedative drugs and prescription of medicines in connection with procedures on teeth, jaws and the soft tissues surrounding or supporting teeth.
- Provide specialized clinical dental care in different fields of dentistry as per specialty.
- Provide community dentistry, dental health education and promotion of preventive oral health care services geared towards prevention, surveillance, control, diagnosis and treatment of oral-facial diseases.
- Provide dental emergency response and clinical care.
- Provide leadership in the management of health facilities.
- Facilitate training of interns and other health personnel.
- Establish and manage dental information systems.
- Research on oral-facial tissues to inform forensic odontology and medico-legal services.
Dental Officer’s Responsibilities include:
- Managing patients with dental conditions by diagnosing, investigating, treating and documenting;
- Admitting patients and undertaking minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, orthodontics, peadodonticts, periontodology and conservative dentistry;
- Carrying out dental examinations, age assessment and writing dental reports;
- Performing specific dental care procedures;
- Restorative, prosthodontics, peadodonticts, orthodontics, minor oral-facial surgeries;
- Organizing and Participating in community sensitization and outreach programs on dental health care;
- Collecting updating and maintaining dental health information system;
- Writing discharge summaries and follow-up of patients;
- Diagnosing, investigating, treating patients and assisting in the theatre activities;
- Periodontology and health education;
- Providing formal and informal training and supervising other health workers; and
- Disseminating information for health planning.
For appointment to this entry grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Completed one (1) year internship.
- Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board. Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Influencing persuasion and negotiation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Delivery on quality results.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
How to Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.