Deputy Director (Enterprise Risk Management & Business Process Reengineering) at KURA
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: kura
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
- Coordinating cross-functional efforts within the authority to improve on proactive risk management and continuity of operations;
- Supporting and empowering business unit management in effectively carrying out their respective risk activities;
- Updating the Operational Risk Management Policy and Framework and related subpolicies to ensure that they reflect best practice;
- Monitoring the maintenance/update of the Strategic Risk Register;
- Monitoring the implementation of Action Plans;
- Coordinating the development, implementation and maintenance of a Compliance
- Framework on external and internal obligations;
- Assisting line managers in identifying and analyzing inherent risks;
- Rating and ranking the current and anticipated critical and high compliance risks and mitigation activities for inclusion in the assessments;
- Planning and coordinating detailed risk assessments;
- Managing and following up on open issues and working with management to ensure
- closure of action plans;
- Advising project teams to ensure new initiatives, solutions and programmes have inbuilt continuity at design stage;
- Coordinating post-incident post-mortem;
- Monitoring the risk and control self-assessments;
- Formulating cost effective strategies for increased Authority’s business processes;
- Formulating relevant policies, procedures and organization structure for improved
- efficiency in the Authority;
- Coordinating the budget process for implementation of the Authority’s business
- Designing programmes and procedures for the implementation of business processes; and
- Performing any other lawful duty that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (5) years’ in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: – Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have any of the following: – CPA (K), ACCA, CRA CMA CIA, CRMA or CFE or (certified in Risk Information and control CRISC) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a certificate in Leadership/Management Course from a recognized institution.
- Experience working in an automated enterprise risk environment will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and attach copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from www.kura.go.ke, fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 16th July 2019. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, NAIROBI
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply