Deputy Portfolio Manager, East Africa at Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Main purpose of job:
We’re looking for a proactive and energetic portfolio manager to support the effective delivery of the regional East Africa CSSF portfolio. The successful candidate will work alongside the Head of Team to coordinate and oversee the compliance outputs of this busy team. This job requires a confident and strong communicator who can efficiently and effectively coordinate various strands of work, staying on top the detail, while ensuring alignment with programme rules and guidance.
Roles and responsibilities
- With the Head of Team, manage relationships with technical teams across the region and CSSF and HMG network. Proactively build strong relationships with colleagues in line with agreements and best practice stakeholder management. With the Head of Team, act as secretariat for the East Africa Local Strategy Board.
- Coordinate portfolio risk management, working with SROs and programme managers to coordinate risk management; develop a strong working knowledge of risk management best practice and support teams to identify and manage risks to their programme delivery; review and support teams to develop their risk management plans, ensuring they are compliant with HMG guidance (for example OSJAs);
- Oversee portfolio procurement, working with programme managers and Commercial; develop a strong working knowledge of different procurement processes and advise colleagues on the most appropriate routes to market, depending on need. Maintain a tracker of procurement activity to monitor progress, ensuring that programme managers are aware of their responsibilities; act as a single point of contact for commercial colleagues based in London.
- Develop and maintain portfolio compliance and communications, working with the Head of Team to coordinate and lead the full range of compliance activity (excluding finance) throughout the programme year (ARs, PCRs, Programme Summaries, etc), drawing on the support of colleagues across the CSSF network; develop systems to manage and record team compliance; take the lead on team communications (internal and external) ensuring a consistent and high-standard output; maintain and update the portfolio dashboard, as the primary communications product for our work.
- Corporate and Learning and Development: line management officer and programme assistant, guiding and supporting their professional development; develop a regular programme of learning events to build the programme management capacity of the CSSF team; where appropriate, represent the team and wider CSSF in partner meetings; Provide surge support for programme teams during busy periods;
- Other ad hoc tasks to support the efficient and effective delivery of the East Africa portfolio. The routine and timing of such tasking is difficult to predict, but the Portfolio Manager will be updated about priorities.
The East Africa CSSF Team is focused on delivering a programme which supports a more stable, secure, prosperous and better governed East Africa region, whose countries are better able to address their demographic, security and economic development challenges, thereby improving prosperity and reducing threats to the UK. We do this by investing £11m (in 2017/18) to tackle conflict, instability and insecurity in four policy areas: Criminality, Security, Migration and CVE, alongside our HMG partners. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of CSSF engagement across East Africa, working with colleagues across the region. You will join a friendly and supportive team and benefit from regular engagement with senior colleagues who oversee our work. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced project manager looking to develop their programme management skills and make a difference to citizens in the UK and East Africa.
- Experience of programme management.
- Confidence and ability to work with a range of colleagues across the team and wider region.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly in briefings and meetings.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of development programme management.