Director (Consumer & Public Affairs) at Water Services Regulatory Board
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Water Services Regulatory Board
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Responsible for facilitating effective engagement with various stakeholders to build goodwill and create an enabling environment for Water Service Provision.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Manager Public Relations
- Establish a mechanism for handling complaints from consumers regarding quality or nature of Water Services.
- Monitor the implementation of the Consumer Engagement Guidelines
- Monitor the implementation of Customer Service Standards in the Water Services Sector.
- Oversee publication and dissemination of information on Water Services.
- Formulate and execute communications and public relations strategies.
- Develop strategies and tools for improving customer services in the sector.
- Coordinate Development of Customer Service Charter and monitor its implementation.
- Promote stakeholder/public participation in the provision of water services.
- Create and manage platforms for engagement with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement collaborative arrangements and networking with stakeholders.
- Write and edit all institutional literature including newsletters, reports, and publications.
- Develop and manages/supervises the application and promotion of the institution’s brand.
- Ensure proper documentation, storage, and easy access to information on Water Services.
- Plan publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Handle media relations.
- Ensure timely consultation and cooperation with County Executive Committees, Chief Officers, and collaboration with other stakeholders in water services provision for effective service delivery
- Organize media briefings, writes articles, press kits, supplements.
- Formulate and execute the institution’s Advertising programme.
- Organize participation in community relations activities.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan.
- Ensure reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Board on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing the WASREB internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing external stakeholders along with the WASREB through open, professional and proactive engagement and with enforcement partners in relation to specific cases.
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the directorate and all documentation sent to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Coordinate directorate’s budgeting and Cost containment within the budget.
- Manage the skills development for staff to ensure that training needs are properly identified and appropriate training is arranged for directorate staff.
- Manage and conduct performance management reviews for the directorate.
- Work closely with department heads to develop goals and initiatives.
- Ensure quality control and customer service
- Develop policy papers on issues of water services.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Board
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the directorate
- Master’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing/Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Marketing/Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Membership to a relevant professional body/member in good standing
- Practicing license from a relevant professional body
- Have served total 15 years of experience with at least 9 at supervisory level
- Leadership/Management Programme lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Water Sector will be an added advantage
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity
- IT proficiency
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Customer/Citizen focus
- Strategic leadership skills
- Proficiency in Managerial Skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead multi skilled team
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High Integrity and team building skills
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Upholds Professional Ethics
How to Apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Services Regulatory Board
P.O. Box 41621 00100
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on 30th August 2019. The applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to [email protected] with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.