Director, Human Resource And Administration at The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG)
- Company: The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Originally the Office was referred to as the Exchequer & Audit Department which with time changed to the Office of the Controller and Auditor-General. During this period, the Office derived its mandate from the Exchequer and Audit Act Cap 412 which provided for the audit of the Central Government by the Controller and Auditor General. Later the Act was amended to provide for audit of Local Authorities and State Corporations. The public Audit Act 2003 which became effective on 9 January, 2004 established a more independent Office of the Controller and Auditor General and renamed it KENYA NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE (KENAO)
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Deputy Auditor – General (Corporate Services), the Director – Human Resource and Administration will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in Human Resources Management and Administration services and formulation of policies and procedures relating to Human Resource Management and Administration services to ensure that the Office attracts, develops and retains required talents to meet its mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic professional leadership and direction for the development and implementation of effective Human Resource Management and Administration services strategies, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the Office’s human resource planning initiatives to ensure the formulation of strategies / programmes for the timely acquisition and / or development of the critical skills required to support and sustain the business strategies of the Office;
- Establish frameworks for the continuous development and review of the human resources capabilities / competencies through learning and development programmes, succession plans and career management processes;
- Develop and implement an effective Performance Management System to motivate staff and enhance performance and productivity;
- Oversee the preparation of the Human Resource Management and Administration budget and exercise expenditure control;
- Develop and implement procedures necessary to attract, select and recruit staff with relevant skills required for the core business of the Office;
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits strategies to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance;
- Review and implement OAG social welfare programs including Health, GPA & GLA, and safety programs;
- Coach, mentor and develop the HR and Administration team to ensure excellent performance and effective succession management;
- 10) Proactively manage employee relations and staff discipline so as to achieve optimal labour productivity, industrial harmony and maintain a positive image of the Office;
- Effectively manage both physical and computerized HR Records and Information Systems to ensure accountability of human resources and availability of records for sound decision making;
- Establish initiatives towards the development of a corporate culture that facilitates achievement of the mandate and strategy of the Office.
- Oversee implementation of management decisions and development projects;
- Oversee provision of overall administrative support services in the Office
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Auditor – General.
Requirements for Appointment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organization Development or any other relevant Social Science degree from a recognized university;
- Diploma or Higher diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Strategic Management, Organization Development or any other relevant Social Science from a recognized university;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications and knowledge of Human Resource Management Information System;
- Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Must be a Practicing member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of good standing;
- Must have a valid IHRM Practicing License;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Kenya Labour Laws;
- Minimum of 15 years relevant working experience five (5) of which must have been at the level of Deputy Director or equivalent and comparable position.
Method of Application
- Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date : 25th May, 2021