Director, Information & Communication Technology at Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
- Company: Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament and, in particular, for; The continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll; The delimitation of constituencies and wards; The regulation of political parties process; The settlement of electoral disputes; The registration of candidates for elections; Voter education; The facilitation of the observation, monitoring and evaluation of elections; The regulation of money spent by a candidate or party in respect of any election; The development of a code of conduct for candidates and parties; The monitoring of compliance with legislation on nomination of candidates by parties.
The director Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is responsible for providing strategic direction providing strategic direction and advice with regard to the information and and advice with regard to the information and communication technology needs of the Commission. A key part of this role is advising communication technology needs of the Commission. A key part of this role is advising the Commission on leveraging appropriate technology to effectively and efficiently the Commission on leveraging appropriate technology to effectively and efficiently deliver the deliver the electoral and operational electoral and operational processes
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure the implementation of information and communication technology strategies in line with the Commission’s strategy.
- Develop accountability structures, supervise projects, periodic reporting and monitor the performance indicators for the ICT departments.
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective policies, procedures, systems and processes for systems administration; security; business applications and support; and network administration.
- Ensure the directorate is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel.
- Oversee the development of ICT plans in coordination with other directorates and departments.
- Advise the Commission on the development and implementation of institutional systems; including voter registration system, result management and reporting system, geographical information management system (GIS), election violence reporting system, political party fund management system, and supporting operational systems.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of business continuity plans in line with the Commission’s strategy and operations.
- Oversee the contracting and management of ICT and related service providers.
- Oversee the development of user training programmes and materials; and the coordination of ICT training initiatives.
- Coordinate the provision of timely information communication technology and services to other directorates and regional offices and;
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Requirements For Appointment
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Information and Communication technology;
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum of ten (10) years managerial ICT experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level in a large public/private institution;
- Must possesses relevant Professional Certifications;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body and in good standing;
- Knowledge in ICT infrastructure and processes, and its integration;
- ICT Strategy Development, Coordination and Execution;
- Good Knowledge of ICT Security;
- Demonstrated track record in the delivery of ICT projects and services;
- Good Leadership and people management skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment;
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted applicants will be required to provide clearance from the following offices:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies where applicable
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants are required to submit their applications together with copies of certificates and testimonials indicating the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope. Applicants are required to submit their application online and also deliver a hard copy. Online applications to be done through the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/iebcjobs and the hard copy application to be addressed to the undersigned. Only applicants submitting both physical and online applications will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
15th floor Anniversary Towers,
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
Closing Date : 30th October, 2020