Director, Network Engagement -Africa (French & English) at Teach For All
- Company: Teach For All
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Roles and Responsibilities
Supporting current and prospective partners 80%:
- Provide direct support and thought partnership to partner and prospective CEO’s and their leadership teams to build capacity and enhance their strategic clarity, including strategic leveraging regional specialists and other resources from across Teach For All.
- Directly support partners in the region to co-create an annual partnership plan that identifies how Teach For All will support them and how they will contribute back to the network. The specific partner organizations assigned to the Network Engagement Director’s portfolio will be determined based on a combination of factors including the person’s location, language skills and abilities, and background.
- Act as primary day-to-day relationship holder with a portfolio of current CEO’s & CEO’s of prospective partners, and cultivate relationships to build positive, long-term partnerships as a means to achieving broad and mutually beneficial goals and outcomes.
- Provide direct support to the region’s partner CEO’s and prospective partners-supporting their leadership teams to foster learning & sharing across the network that helps build partner capacity and enhances their strategic clarity.
- Share insights and ask questions that support these emerging organizations to develop strategic clarity, design key program and organizational elements, and build support for this approach in their countries.
- Be responsible for building relationships and networks with key stakeholders to attract high potential CEO’s to the work, from across the region in order to enable Teach For All to expand its impact in diverse contexts and grow its reach in Africa, such that it is operating from a truly global perspective.
- Structure sequence of support and share insights from across the network in order to assist prospective partners in efforts to adapt the Teach For All approach to their local context
- Facilitate meaningful learning experiences such as immersive experiences and peer-to-peer visits to network partners and events for social entrepreneurs, that ensures collaboration and connection with the network community in order to build strong relationships and foster network culture.
- Leverage a deep understanding of the African landscape, develop and execute on a strategy to build external champions and elevate awareness of our work.
Contribute to Africa Regional Strategy and Team Strength (20%)
- Play a critical role in devising, executing, and monitoring the progress of the region’s strategy to ensure partner impact is maximized.
- Contribute to broader impact by bringing a deep understanding of the prospective CEO’s’ context and priorities to inform regional decision making as well as the broader support strategy of the Teach For All organization
- Contribute meaningfully to the strength of the Africa region – in pursuit of our priorities
- Participate in team meetings to help inform programmatic decisions that impact the design and implementation of engagement & support to current and prospective partners.
- Act as a mentor to staff members who engage with the Africa region, helping shape an African team culture
- Highlight and share best practices and resources from the region that can be used by Teach For All partner organizations in the larger network.
Right Candidate for the role
The right candidate is one who has a proven ability to be visionary, can build strong culture among stakeholders, influences results through others, builds strong relationships, demonstrates strong judgment, and makes strategic decisions that drive impact in complex and changing environments. The right candidate will have a proven ability to work effectively across contexts and cultures, operate flexibly, and navigate ambiguity with ease. This individual is required to have deep familiarity living and working in the region and a strong orientation to diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years full time work experience, including at least 5 years of work experience in the Africa region. Experience working in multiple country contexts across the region is strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to reside and work in the region long-term is required
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, reading) is required
- Previous and successful experience in building and growing effective private and public partnerships and/or with fundraising preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and lead in alignment with Teach For All’s vision, core purpose, intended outcomes, unifying principles and theory of change
- Ability to be highly visionary, strategic, and analytical
- Exceptional relationship building skills, including the ability to build rapport and engage effectively with individuals and organizations from a diversity of backgrounds, contexts, and working styles, and influence and motivate others through both formal and informal authority
- Ability to deeply understand multiple local contexts quickly as well as demonstrate strong judgment and flexibility in complex, ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to work effectively within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and results-oriented culture, by demonstrating strong operating instincts, organizational skills and discipline
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills; ability to manage high-volumes of rapid paced work with ease
- Ability to be generative and independently driven towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Adaptability and openness to working collaboratively with colleagues and partners across the region and world, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e. video calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools)
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision and values of Teach For All
Travel and Hours
Travel expected, approximately 30 – 50%, mostly within Africa to provide direct support to partner organizations and early stage entrepreneurs, or to attend regional gatherings, but also some travel globally to attend conferences. Given that we work across all time zones, some non-traditional hours for very early or late night calls are a routine expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this position must possess or be able to obtain work authorization in the country they want to work in in order to be considered.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July, 2020