Duma Works Job Vacancy : Retail Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Duma Works
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting a Retail Branch Manager for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank.
Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality. We’re looking to add a Retail Branch Manager aka Get Things Done Manager.
As the Get Things Done Manager, you’ll be responsible for running Moko’s day-to-day brand operations. You’ll be an excellent project manager who is able to juggle a variety of tasks under tight timelines. You’ll put into use your knowledge of marketing and you’ll push the day-to-day activities to see Moko’s vision become a reality for our customers. Finally, you’ll be an excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team.
Retail Branch Manager Job Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Product Development, lead the day-to-day implementation of the Moko work plan so that we can help our customers achieve the modern lifestyle they dream of
- Act as a liaison to senior management and directors to keep them up to date about operations and projects implemented
- Coordinate and manage the weekly activities of the napstars, the marketing team that brings the Moko dream world to our customers
- Lead and coordinate the capacity planning and hiring strategy of the Napstar team and ensure their training in line with activities planned in the marketing calendar
- Create a high-performance culture in the napstar marketing team where KPIs are always met and decisions are taken based on data. Foster an environment where new ideas are brought up by team members
- In coordination with Head of Brand and Creative Director develop a training for the marketing team to ensure that the Moko story is told with a consistent voice and in an engaging way by our team
- Liaise with the delivery team so that to-the-door deliveries of mattresses happen on time. Coordinate with the operation team to manage an efficient use of resource and effective capacity planning
- Liaise with supermarkets, malls, and other sites to ensure that we have all the approvals and permits necessary for a smooth set up and running of marketing activations
- Support the screening and recruitment of suppliers, contractors and other consultants necessary for the implementation of the work plan
- Manage the day-to-day coordination with suppliers, constructors (e.g. to build a sleeping station or showroom-in-a container) and other consultants so that work is completed on time and with the level of quality expected
- Provide operational support to implement market research activities for the development of new marketing activities ideas and for the conception and design of the first Moko’s sofa collection!
Requirements for the Retail Branch Manager Job
- You have experience (preferably 3 years) in retail or sales or marketing and are talented in hiring and managing people
- You have a passion for training people and growing your team
- You are a go-getter and enjoy figuring out what it takes to get things done on time in the most efficient way
- You are an exceptional project manager and able to come up with and execute a detailed plan
- You preferably have a creative side and can propose how marketing activation can be optimized and new ideas introduced
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making
- You pay extra attention to details in everything you do without losing sight of the big picture and the goals that we want to achieve
- You have the ability to convince people and negotiate a partnership with suppliers and contractors