Eagle HR Job Vacancy : General Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Eagle HR
- Location: Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Serial No: EHC/1111/18
Our client, a multimillion Technical Electrical Services provider with 80% of the market share being government institutions and devolved units i.e County Government.
The client is based in Thika.
Provide leadership and policy direction to the business ensuring that Match Electricals Limited achieves its vision, goals and strategies through provision of excellent services to clients and effective management of the company’s resources both, human and non-human assets.
- Chairperson of the Management Committee of the Company
- Chief operations officer of the Company
Duties for the General Manager Job
Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating robust and growing revenues and profitability for the company. These will include
- Realizing set budget targets, monitoring of financial performance within budget
- Ensure effective accounting processes in the company with regular and timely management accounts
- Ensure clear policies on creditors and debtors, effective cost control systems and procedures
- Ensuring there if free cash flow to pay debt, fund capital expenditure and provide shareholders with annual dividends
- Oversee establishment an effective ERP in the company
Internal processes perspective
Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, cost-effective management of resources, and ensuring compliance with the laws of the country. This to include:-
- Ensuring clear procurement policy and procedures, and inventory management
- Clear operating procedures and systems across the company with efficient operations and high productivity and consistent high-quality products
Offer good value for money through: –
- Meeting and surpassing customer expectations by building strong MEL brand that’s the preferred choice
- Building a strong market share with diversified products, and a strong export market
- Regular market and competitor intelligence, with clear promotion plans
People & Technology perspective
Develop skills necessary to deliver long-term & sustainable success by:-
- Developing a clear HR manual
- Building a human capital through recruitment, retention and career development of key staff
- Have clear motivation, recognition and reward structures
- Mentor and develop managers with a clear succession planning
- Clear communication and authority lines
- Lead, support, develop and mentor staff through a performance management system
- Promote MEL’s Corporate Image/identity to all stakeholders and ensure the company remains relevant to the changing needs of clients/customers
- Develop a strategic framework to advance the company’s vision, mission and objectives
- Ensure good corporate Governance
- Monitor market trends across the Region to identify potential projects and ensure winning bids are put together
- Identify joint ventures, partnerships, acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities with like-minded organizations/institutions for business development.
- Marshalling all to work towards common objectives by being a team leader and building a strong team with shared vision
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Evaluate performance of staff for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices while building a pool of outstanding talent.
- Promote the company and its products as well as build network through personal contacts, direct mail, special events and foundation support as well as written articles.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and other formal regulatory functions.
- Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international constituencies.
- Co-ordinate communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure optimal care of company’s physical facilities and other assets.
- Present company reports and outcomes at shareholder and Board of Director meetings.
Perform other related duties as may be required by the Company
- Supervision: Works independently under the authority of the CEO and within the business strategy and policy guidelines
- Decision Making: Has full responsibility of decisions across the Company
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to important and highly confidential data and information.
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility for the Company’s budget and assets.
- Responsibility over Staff: All staff
General Manager Job Qualifications
- Degree holder in a relevant field and possibly an advanced degree in business management, engineering or both.
- 8 years overall with 5 years in senior management
- Hands-on experience in implementing business strategies, systems and familiarity of Regulatory Corporations.
- Demonstrable network of contacts and high standing in his/her profession.
- Proven record of building effective partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Proven experience in managing a big company and/or institutional group.
- Strong Leadership skills, analytic intelligence especially financial analytical skills and a decision maker
- Ability to make the complex simple, adaptability and responsiveness, and manage diverse cultures
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; strategic thinker; excellent inter-personal and communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player and team builder/leader.
- Progressive experience of management with a proven track record as a senior manager and leader, including experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Strong management and organizational skills, including comfort in delegating authority and responsibility
- Demonstrable ability to anticipate emerging needs and integrate them speedily into priority setting.
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2018 on link below: http://www.eaglehr.co.ke or send your CV plus Cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted