Economic Secretary at PSC
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: PSC
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
- served in the grade of Director, Economic Planning or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Economics and Finance or Economics and Statistics from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics (Policy Management, Multilateral Trading Systems, Econometrics, Public Finance, Development, Environment, Health, Agriculture, International Trade and Finance, Cooperation and Human Development, Transport, Labour, Industrial), Statistics, Project Planning and Management, Philosophy in Economics, Public Policy, Economics of Development or Rural Economics from a University recognized in Kenya;(iv) a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- membership to a relevant professional body;
- a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- demonstrated a clear understanding of national development policies, goals and objectives and ability to integrate them into economic planning function.
The Economic Planning Secretary will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for the Administration and Planning of the Economic Planning and National Statistics management function. Specific Duties and responsibilities include:
- overseeing the formulation, review and implementation of national development of planning policies, sessional papers and strategies;
- developing and reviewing guidelines for the preparation and review of county integrated development plans and ministerial strategic plans;
- ensuring the implementation of five (5) year Medium Term Plans (MTPs);
- providing policy briefs, reviews and reports on status of economy, international positions and negotiations and bilateral and multilateral development partners;
- undertaking economic modelling for forecasting;
- monitoring and evaluating economic trends;
- tracking and reporting on sustainable development goals;
- coordinating preparation and implementation of Medium-Term Plans and Sector plans;
- overseeing the preparation of Annual, Mid-term MTP progress reports;
- advising on implementation of Kenya’s international and regional economic development agenda, decisions and resolutions;
- advising on regional trade and investment environment;
- providing technical backstopping to all the line Ministries on sectoral, cross-cutting and emerging economic issues;
- giving direction in the dissemination of national development policies and strategies to the public;
- providing leadership in social, economic, political and statistical analysis; and
- providing overall supervision, training and development of economic planning staff.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019