21 May 2020
Employee Relations Specialist – Human Resources at Standard Chartered Bank
Welcome to Jobweb Kenya. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
End to End Case Management of Grievance Cases
- Work with Head, ER Kenya & EA and HHR East Africa to agree on the grievance representative/s to review/ investigate and process the grievances.
- Plan for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
- Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing as the case may be.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended.
End to End Case Management of Disciplinary Cases
- Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
- Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
- Make arrangements for the Disciplinary Hearing including identifying the panel issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
- Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
- Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
Collective ER Management
- Develop and manage the Bank’s relationships with employee representative bodies in order to support employee engagement, business performance and the Bank’s broader social responsibility priorities.
- Manage collective disputes, diffuse business disruptions and ensure that appropriate business contingency plans are in place.
- Undertake collective consultation as required (e.g. collective redundancies, outsourcing, M&A, etc).
Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Build external networks (e.g. ER Forums, Employee Associations, etc) and remain up to date with ER and legislative change/developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Build internal networks with HRBPs and business stakeholders where required.
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country
- Collaborate with Labour Ministries development and application of government policy.
Managing employee-related risk
- Provide commentary emerging ER Matters and escalate country ER risks based on trends or any new findings/issues.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law/case developments and be able to anticipate implications for the Bank.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks
- Work with HR Legal and external counsel with respect of data disclosure requests, litigation cases and preparation for/ appearance at Labour Court/Employment Tribunal.
Support Education and Training of HR and Line Managers
- Together with the Cluster/Regional ER Head proactively support, advise update, educate and train HRBPs and line managers across the ER product areas.
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences preferably LLB from Recognized University
- ER specialist, with a minimum of 5-6 years of work experience.
- Proven track record and in-depth experience of ER investigations and case management.
- Strong understanding of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
- Effective networker and organizational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- Ability to clearly and accurately analyse, interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Good coaching, networking, influencing & negotiating skills.
- Ability to assess risk & identify pragmatic solutions in context of conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop & gain credibility within the organization in respect of ER expertise.
- Role model and champion the Bank’s values and behaviours
- Experience in an international professional services/ banking environment.
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with demanding and fast paced client groups.
- Experience of ER product & policy development.
- Involvement in collective ER issues e.g. collective communication & consultation in non-unionized environments, TU/Works Council stakeholder management, collective bargaining, etc
Method of Application
Closing Date : 27 May, 2020