Employer Partnerships Officer at Hatua Network
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Hatua Network
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mombasa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
About Hatua Network:
Hatua Network is a community organization that prepares youth to thrive in Kenya’s workforce by providing promising, low-income students access to the education, mentoring, career guidance and professional networks they need to contribute to and benefit from Kenya’s growing economy.
Our interlocking programs support youth over a period of 10 years, through high-school mentoring focused on soft skill, leadership development programs for secondary graduates, one-on-one professional career coaching for university students, and career linkages for our tertiary graduates.
Throughout we work closely with the private sector to source for mentors and career opportunities for our youth, while ensuring our programs prepare youth with the skills and character traits employers seek. Through this work we are able to simultaneously address the needs of youth and employers, thereby strengthening the supply and demand sides of Mombasa’s employment market.
To date we are serving 647 young people, including 523 of whom we are currently sponsoring and mentoring through secondary and tertiary education, and 124 who have completed college or university. Among our alumni 91% are working within a year of graduation, earning an average income that is 3X their family income combined. This is a total transformation from poverty to professional careers.
About the role:
We provide access to education, but completing a university degree doesn’t guarantee a successful transition into the workplace. The Employer Partnerships Officer is a new role in our small alumni department that will support the Programs Director in cultivating a strong and diverse network of employer partnerships across Kenya eager to hire Hatua Network alumni.
You will play a support role along the entire employer partnership process: from the research and approaching of potential employers, the relationship building through setting up meetings and making follow-ups, and servicing of our employer partners including supporting referral of alumni to open jobs with our employer partners .
Together with the Career Advisory and Alumni Officer and the Programs Director you will ensure that our alumni secure employment opportunities in industries they are interested and trained in and that our employer partners have easy access to strong talent to meet their business growth needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
Support the cultivation and managing of meaningful partnerships with employers in Mombasa and across Kenya-
● Research potential employer partners with a focus on organizations that are hiring as well as target employers sought by our alumni.
● Conduct email and phone outreach to potential employer partners to secure pitch meetings for Hatua’s senior team. Over time, join and lead pitch meetings.
● Follow up with interested employers after the pitch meetings to onboard them as employer partners and help them understand how the partnership works.
● Lead ongoing communication between Hatua and current partners based on templates and procedures. Ensure high-priority employer partners receive personalized and frequent communication.
● Manage all incoming candidate requests from employer partners by capturing the hiring needs clearly and communicating them well to the Career Advisory and Alumni Officer. Coordinate internally to ensure we share a set of matching profiles and strong applications with the employer partner that strengthen Hatua’s reputation.
● Communicate Hatua’s university student mentoring program to employer partners and refer those who are interested in nominating mentors to Hatua’s tertiary mentoring team for follow-up.
● Keep the relationship management tracker updated for all partners.
Work to increase the value Hatua creates for Employer Partners-
● Support the Program Director’s efforts in understanding employer needs when hiring entry-level talent
and share insights with Hatua’s programs team to help us ensure our soft skills and career skill building programs meet these needs.
● Share Hatua’s tools and resources with employer partners who take on Hatua alumni as interns to help ensure employers and interns both gain great value from the internship.
● Participate in creating and implementing a strategy and systems to follow up with the employers of our alumni to assess their performance on the job during their first year and to ensure alumni receive constructive feedback and coaching to improve their performance (from the organization or Hatua’s team)
General management of the department-
● Regularly collect alumni and employer feedback on ways to strengthen the department.
● Continuously iterate on our methodologies, stay updated with industry trends and best case practices, finding innovative ways to provide value to our students and partners.
● Overall quality control to ensure all employer partners have a positive experience collaborating with Hatua and that alumni are supported to access the opportunities they need to realize their career potential.
Who we are looking for:
● You have a strong interest in the role of youth as part of economic development in Kenya. You are excited to spend your time supporting young people towards great careers.
● You have at least three years of work experience with results relevant to this role, for example in partnerships, sales, marketing, youth employability, recruitment or HR.
● You have worked in a sales-driven or customer-interaction heavy role where you have initiated many new conversations with potential clients.
● You have been in charge of maintaining relationships with partners or clients over time and successfully ensured that their needs and requests are being met.
● You have previous experience in market research and are creative and resourceful in how to get information and data needed for your work.
● You enjoy interacting with people via phone and email and put great effort into each interaction to make sure to leave a great first impression and build the relationship over time.
● You know how to keep yourself motivated and productive in a role where you might face rejection many times before succeeding.
● You know how to use spreadsheets and checklists to organize your work and track data with attention to detail
● You are action-oriented and enjoy the creative work of implementing new ideas to deliver the desired results.
● You have proven ability to organize your own workload with diverse priorities.
You have the cultural fit to work with the team at Hatua Network, if:
● You are 100% values driven and want to instill strong values in the next generation
● You enjoy working with and for the community
● You are a great team player, people talk about you being helpful and collaborative
● You are able to work
independently and bring results in an unstructured environment
● You enjoy diversity and you are optimistic about the future
Why work with us?
● We get a lot of fulfillment by working with underprivileged youth and seeing them transform their lives over the 10 years they engage closely with us. If you enjoy building deep emotional connections and seeing the impact of your work, this job is for you.
● Our team has a deep sense of ownership over the organization. Everyone has the chance to take a leadership role and contribute to the organization’s growth.
● Build interesting networks.
● We believe in personal growth and you will have a lot of opportunities for career development as the organization grows.
● We have a strong sense of family within our team and understand the importance of having some level of flexibility around working hours.
Other information: The successful candidate will start in January 2022. You will be based in Mombasa, and work between our offices in Likoni and on Mombasa Island. We’ll arrange a 6-month probation period with learning and delivery objectives.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV - Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 23 Jan. 2022