Equities Trader Job at Commercial Bank Of Africa, Kenya
Department: Cba Capital
Reports To: Head Of Brokerage
Job Purpose Statement
- The Equities Trader will be responsible for driving and maximizing revenue generation through equities trading and primary placements such as IPOs and rights issues.
- This involves: Sourcing for trading opportunities from high networth, local and foreign institutional investors Identifying market opportunities and implanting business development strategies specific to equities trading Growing trading activity from existing customers
Equities Trader Job Key Responsibilities
- Achievements of revenue targets (50%)
- Quality management of customer expectations (30%)
- Effectiveness of systems (policies, process, procedures and tools) in achieving compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, resource utilization and cost containment (20%)
- Technical skills to effectively perform equities sales and trading in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Knowledge and experience of securities trading and market trends
- Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations and other stakeholders who impact performance
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture. Must keep an eye on the market to keep him/herself updated about the asset and trends, investment pricing and demand.
- Good communication skills and confident personality for interaction with the clients.
- Good management skills such as time and stress management.
- Active listener giving full attention to the needs of the clients.
- Well organized and patient.
- Numerical skills and analytical skills to solve clients’ problem.
- Must be efficient in decision making and judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in equities trading business
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
Qualifications & Experience for Equities Trader Job
University degree or equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or second upper class.
Certification by CMA and ATS trading
Knowledgeable in using Bloomberg
Minimum of three years’ experience of equities trading
Practical experience in use of MS Office applications