Field Service & Support Manager Vacancy 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is looking to hire a Field Service & Support Manager
Manage the Field Service & Support Team to ensure full and effective utilization and continuous development of staff and resources.
Field Service & Support
- Establish and maintain an effective strategy for Field Service & Support for the organization system in Kenya.
- Manage Field Service & Support staff to ensure that all corrective and preventative maintenance activities are planned and fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner, including the maintenance of an up-to-date Support & Maintenance plan.
- Ensure that all external and internal inquiries and requests made directly to Field Service & Support staff are quickly answered and promptly resolved / fulfilled.
- Ensure that external and internal SLAs and OLAs are met and that issues are escalated appropriately and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and logs of work performed by the team.
- Management of repair center tasks, including equipment testing and repair.
- Management of Field Service & Support staff work on assigned incidents, problems and change requests, including their participation in key deliverable reviews, acceptance testing, and deployment coordination.
- Management of new installations, including the planning and coordination of technical site visits and solution tailoring / customization for each line, generation of implementation guideline documents, equipment ordering, equipment delivery, equipment installation and operator training.
- Oversee the development of internal training materials and provision of training sessions for new and existing team members.
- Manage the Field Service & Support team human resources, including recruiting, new staff assimilation & training, objective setting, performance reviews, employee development & training planning, and workload / assignment management.
- Conduct Personnel Development Interviews (PDIs) with team members at least semi-annually, to set objectives, review results, provide feedback, and plan for staff development
- Schedule team members’ workload to fully cover weekly & monthly service & maintenance needs and to fully allocate all resources.
- Assign special tasks, projects, and initiatives to team members to fully utilize any downtime that they may have.
- Review and approve key deliverables that are generated by team members.
- Manage team member absences in the HRM Tool and ensure that vacation balances are planned to be fully used and that their timing does not obstruct our business activities
- Develop and maintain a positive, cooperative, and productive working relationship between the Field Service & Support team and other internal and external teams.
- Work with the Service Centre Team and QHSSE Coordinator to define effective performance measures for Field Service & Support, implement systems to gather these measures efficiently, and monitor the resulting data regularly as a basis for service & support management and continuous improvement.
- Weekly status reporting and general project implementation status reports, as scheduled with or requested by the General Manager
- Ensure that all company policies, including those concerning Health, Safety and Environmental protection, are respected, and implement or propose improvements in such practices.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures for organization, including those for operations, maintenance, and support
- Management of special tasks, projects or initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, or cost effectiveness of the solution or the local entity team, as agreed with the General Manager
- Participate in general management and administrative tasks for the Local Entity, as requested by the General Manager.
- Contribute to the successful execution of commercial activities in Kenya and the East Africa region, as requested by the General Manager
- Act as a single point of contact for field service & support operations topics for GSS Operations colleagues globally.
Basic education and training:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant work experience. Master’s degree in engineering or a relevant technical discipline would be a strong plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing teams responsible for installing, maintaining and servicing automated systems / equipment in industrial environments.
- Direct experience in the tobacco or beverage industries is a strong plus.
- Experience working in an international company with virtual / distributed teams is a strong plus.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to diagnose and analyze mechanical, electrical, and software issues
- Experienced with quality and performance monitoring processes
- Experienced in spare parts and consumables inventory control
- Strong customer relationship management skills, especially with customers in industrial manufacturing operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good influencing skills. Good political finesse in facing very demanding customers. Diplomatic when necessary
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Results oriented and goal-driven with strong quality focus
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ownership of responsibilities
- Customer oriented attitude