FilmAid International Job Vacancy : Logistics & Administration Officer
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FilmAid International
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue.
This approach aims to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world. FilmAid designs and implements communications initiatives on critical health, rights and environmental issues. FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change is based on the integration of creativity, participation, access and collaboration, which drive individual and community change, contributing to positive social impact.
Roles for the Logistics & Administration Officer Job
- Efficiently and effectively support the Kakuma Field programmes in managing the; Procurement, Logistics and Administration functions of FilmAid Kenya.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of field maintenance staff; Housekeeper, Cleaners, Drivers and Crew and allocate work appropriately.
- Lead pre-qualification of local suppliers in collaboration with the Field Manager, Procurement Officer and the Deputy Country Director.
- Lead the development and execution of procurement plans for Kakuma office
- In charge of Kakuma Field Office’s process of procurement: Receive quotation requests approved by the Field Manager, source quotations, issue LPOs.
- Ensure that all local suppliers are informed of the process of procurement and transacting with FilmAid as well as FilmAid’s anti-fraud policy and process of reporting any allegations for fraud
- Co-ordinate Kakuma’s process of procurement with the country office: Coordinate quotation requests, coordinate with Nairobi on Purchase Requests, goods reception and arrange for transportation of items received from Nairobi to Kakuma field program
- Assist in preparation of quotation requests in line with set procurement procedures.
Admin, Logistics, Asset Management & Programs Support
- Liaise with the Admin & Logistics Officer, Nairobi to ensure that goods are delivered in a timely manner upon receipt at the Nairobi office.
- To ensure that all supplies to Kakuma field office are well accounted for and recorded in the supply inventory register.
- Management of stores of assets and consumables. Maintain lists of items in stores and know the re-order levels of such.
- Maintain Kakuma fixed asset register, ensuring that equipment received are properly tagged with FilmAid asset tags and are received in good working order.
- Carrying out quarterly asset verification process and send an updated report and asset list every quarter to the Logistics & Asset Officer.
- Assist in Kakuma asset management; ensure proper care and use of vehicles, generators, audio equipment and other FilmAid assets.
- Issue of assets (generators, speakers, tents, seats) for program activities and ensure that the assets are returned back to the store in good condition and report any failed program activities.
- To provide logistical and clerical support to the program staff as needed. Collaborate with FilmAid colleagues as needed or requested to meet reporting requirements, develop proposals, address management needs, design products, or respond to funders.
Ensure that visitors and staff to the field are booked and checked in on time.
Bookings accommodation for the staff coming to the field and visitors on mission and making sure the rooms are clean and tidy.
- Forward flight booking forms to Logistics officer in Nairobi for staff travels from the field office.
- Making sure the mail bag is sent and items picked from the airstrip upon arrival. Ensure clear and accessible record keeping and filing of office documents. Ensure good communication within and outside the project.
- Reporting monthly on support services status of the program to the Kakuma Field Manager and to the Deputy Country Director.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information that he/she may have access to in the execution of his/her duties.
- To be familiar with and report any violation of FilmAid Code of Conduct including any acts of Fraud and corruption to the Field Manager or the Country Director.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Logistics & Administration Officer Job Requirements
- Minimum Degree or Diploma in Business administration, Logistics / supply chain management, or other relevant discipline.
- CPA Part I (Sections 1 &2) qualification.
- At least 2 Years’ experience in Administration and procurement preferably with a humanitarian organization.
Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Experience or knowledge in fleet management, stores management & coordinating staff travels.
- Must have supervised at least two people and involved in handling various human resource process and functions within an organization or program.
- Appreciates cultural diversity.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Financial reporting and budget management skills.
- Ability to travel to hardship areas.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good supervision skills, asset and office management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to use various finance programs (QuickBooks, Ms Word, Excel).
- Excellent coordination, planning and reporting skills.
- Outgoing character, honest, reliable and committed.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- Presentable and personable.
- Hands-on and detail-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience and skills are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: [email protected]g on or before 3rd October, 2017. Please indicate on the subject line of your application as ‘Logistics & Administration Officer-Kakuma’.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates and Persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.