Chief Financial Officer at Trash Thread Textile
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
We are setting up a textile manufacturing plant where we will be recycling post consumer PET waste into textile fibres while being environmentally, socially and economically responsible. In addition, the key focus for the manufacturing process will be on empowering women, youth, and persons affected by disabilities and HIV affected individuals. We have devised an innovative mechanism to recycle PET plastic into textile fibres while being environmentally, economically and socially responsible. This business model will create employment; restore dignity for waste collectors and financial independence for women and youth.
We will divert tons of PET waste from landfills and add value to it. We will be treating waste that otherwise results in environmental degradation and severe health impacts in Kenya.
Responsible for the efforts, results, and deliverables of T3’s finance department, the CFO will oversee all activities of the finance department including the selection and implementation of appropriate accounting systems.
Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives and board of directors make key decisions
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ultimate responsibility for all reporting matters during the project launch and going forward into the operational phase
- Identify, procure, implement and manage the appropriate accounting software system for T3, including training of any clerks if required
- Assist heads of departments in company-wide bottom-up budgetary planning
- Oversee, review, and report on the agreed budgets for each business department and for T3 as a separate legal entity
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions including the administration of procurement, sales and logistics
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis in compliance with local Kenyan GAAP and International IFRS
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk with a focus on procurement, sales and logistics
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring and regulatory reporting requirements are fulfilled
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions, auditors and system providers
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
- Work with HR to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees
- Excellent mathematical skills; leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; exceptional written and verbal communication skills, thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Business ethos and values aligned to those of T3
- Registered practitioner with the local Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or
- Degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a similar sector (manufacturing) in a managerial role within the finance function
- Reports directly to T3 CEO.
- At the disposal of T3 board of directors as and when needed
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting method
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOR
Excellent mathematical skills; leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; exceptional written and verbal communication skills, thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application to [email protected]
Closing Date : 28 - 06 - 2019