Finance Officer at Plan International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Plan International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Finance Jobs in Kenya
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Reports to – Senior Finance and Grants Coordinator
- SSC Senior Finance and Grants Coordinator
- KCO Finance and Grants Manager
- Shared Service Centre Team
- KCO & MEESA RO Program team members
- Country Office Operations teams
- SSC, KCO & MEESA Human Resources team
- KCO Risk and Compliance team
- External auditors
- Bank officials
- Service providers
- Partners organisations
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Payment Processes 30%
- Reviews MPESA float replenishment requests
- Reviews and Approves MPESA payment requests
- Reviews field or project funding requests and initiates funds transfers
- Reviews and verifies correctness of support documents then runs the payment in SAP: Vendor/Partner details
- Prepare all bank related JVs and post into SAP for processing
- Processes all receipts in whatever form they are received and prepares relevant JVs (cash, cheques, direct donor funding)
- Receives payroll related data from HR, reviews the data for accuracy, and initiates corrections and processes payroll monthly
- Processes all payroll related statutory payments, staff benefits (includes staff separations, medical, provident, staff insurances and returns including remitting amounts due to the relevant statutory bodies)
- Processes all payroll related journal entries including LOEs and coordinates reconciliation of the payroll accounts
- Posts all payroll related transactions in SAP in the payroll control account and intercompany transactions in SAP
- Remittance for GPA, medical, staff dues and provident
- Prepares monthly payroll related reconciliations and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Timely filing and maintenance of all payroll related documents and intercompany related documents
- Prepare and post correction journals for errors before period closure.
- Prepare allocated financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual, including adhoc reports.
- Prepares Payroll and bank reconciliations
- Post into intercompany control account confirmed and allocated recharges both in and out and follow up on outstanding items.
- Process inter Company transactions and ensure reconciled with different countries/IH.
People & Culture, Capacity Building-10%
- Directly manage SSC Finance Assistants by setting objectives and undertaking appraisals.
- Ensure the technical and business knowledge of Finance Assistants in SSC matches requirements of SSC strategy, client requirements as well as operational standards and customer centric focus.
- Propose or deliver training to meet any service gaps to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Finance services to meet immediate and future client business needs.
- Document and share information and best practices to promote knowledge management
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Courageous, taking a lead, challenging myself and others to achieve purpose, safeguard others and role model values, inside and outside work. Responsible for my work and learning, striving to improve. Self-aware, resilient and constructive in embracing change. Striving to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. Challenging myself to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
- Creating a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. Holding myself and others to account for decisions and impact on others. Doing what I say I will do. Working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including sponsors and donors. Actively supporting colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. Coming together with others to create and implement solutions in teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
- Respecting all people, appreciating differences and challenging inequality in programmes and the workplace. Supporting children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. Empowering other staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Understanding Plan International’s purpose, priorities, values and approaches in our work context. Adhering to relevant policies, processes, practices and standards, and being pro-active in continuing technical and professional development
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting-related courses.
- CPA (K) or other professional qualification in accounting
- 4 years relevant accounting experience preferably in an INGO
- Thorough knowledge of finance processes, systems, and principles.
- Well-versed in computerized accounting applications.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Previous experience in usage of SAP or any major ERP system
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Facilitation and training skills
- Good communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and interact with others at all levels
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- In-depth knowledge of finance processes, systems and principles.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Grants management
- Good Knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements
- Proven ability to support program teams during budgeting and reporting
- Ability to work and interact with others at all levels
- Hands on experience and skilled in usage of SAP or Major ERP system
- Builds capability on financial management by coaching colleagues, partners and sharing knowledge in networks
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Role model our values and behaviors both internally and externally.
- Engages sensitively with community members on issues of gender equality and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding of the local culture and context.
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and girls’ empowerment in Plan’s work and in its work with partners
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking partnership opportunities with the context of the wider organizational strategy
- Communicates effectively at and with a range of appropriate styles for different audiences
- Builds capability through knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring, coaching and advocates the importance of knowledge management
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 December. 2021