Foundation Institute of Africa Job Vacancy : College Principal
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Foundation Institute of Africa
- Location: Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
College Principal Job Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the longer term planning and development of the College, as contained in the College’s Strategic Plan covering academic and student matters. To be responsible for making proposals to the Corporation about the educational character and mission of the College and its financial, personnel and physical resources and for implementing the decisions of the organization
- To be responsible for the formulation of the College’s academic and other activities for consideration and approval by the Board
- To ensure the effective and efficient management of financial and physical resources.
- To be responsible for preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration and approval by the donor and the management of budget and resources within the estimates approved by the Board
- To ensure the proper and effective operation of financial, planning and management controls.
- To advise the Board if its actions or policies are incompatible with the financial memorandum with the funding agencies.
- To provide purposeful and sensitive organization, direction, and management of the College and leadership of all staff, teaching and non-teaching.
- To be responsible for the appointment, assignment, grading, appraisal, suspension, discipline, dismissal and determination, within the framework set by the Board
- To ensure effective arrangements for the recruitment, progress, welfare and discipline of students.
- To be responsible for maintaining student discipline and, within the rules and procedures provided for within the Articles of Governance, suspending or expelling students on disciplinary grounds or expelling students for academic reasons.
- To act as the College’s accounting officer.
- To promote and enhance the reputation of the College, particularly with the community, with schools and other colleges and with external agencies
- To facilitate partnership working where this is of benefit to the College.
- To represent the interests of the College and relevant industries as appropriate.
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Board. Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Maintain and account for all student activity funds and money collected from students.
- Communicate with the Board regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the college.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential college records. Ensure that student records are complete and current.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Organize and supervise procedures for identifying and addressing special needs of students including health-related concerns, and physical, emotional and spiritual needs (keeping the Chaplain informed of these).
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Board and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with contract.
- Oversee the development of Curriculum Committee and keep the Board apprised.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally
- Maintain in the college a spirit conducive to prayer and study.
Qualifications for the College Principal Job
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university;
- Be registered or registerable with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Track record of substantial success in a senior leadership role
- Knowledge Sound knowledge and understanding of best practice nationally in regards to teaching, learning, assessment and quality improvement
- Successful and motivational leadership, with an inclusive leadership style, and with experience of leading change
- Ability to develop and set strategic direction
- Good understanding of the effective management of people and budgets
- Successfully leading and coaching high performance senior teams
- Thorough understanding and experience of quality improvement processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience of education, Further Education and the issues and challenges facing the sector
- Effective management of projects to achieve corporate goals
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values.In particular, commitment:
- To prioritize the needs of students and employers
- To act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- To secure continuous improvement and excellence
- Commitment to equal opportunity, diversity and a positive
- employment culture in the College
- Inspirational leader with presence and gravitas
- Collaborative and commercial
- A commitment to excellence.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to [email protected] with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.