Driver Job at UNFPA, Kenya
UNFPA Kenya invites applications for the following positions in the Kenya Country Office, Nairobi
Job ID: 4033
Post Title: Driver
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Grade / Band: G2
Direct Supervisor: Operations Analyst
Driver Job Purpose:
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
- The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the UNFPA office.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drives for UN officials and staff. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
Qualifications and Experience for Driver Job
- Completed Secondary Level education.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Three years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Kiswahili is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking