General Electric Jobs : Regulatory Affairs Leader
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: General Electric
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Regulatory Affairs Leader – Medical Devices
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Kenya
The Regulatory Affairs Leader – East Africa will be involved in Pre and Post market duties. He/she will provide subject matter expertise and work with a team of Regulatory Affairs professionals to ensure GE Healthcare establishes best practices in premarket & postmarket for RA,. Ensure accurate & optimal submission of regulatory medical product clearance files & postmarket reports that meet the requirements of the region or country.
- File / Maintain regulatory deliverables
- Analyze & communicate changes and proposed changes to country regulations through Regulatory Intelligence and implement strategies
- Support local regulatory authority / notified body inspections as required
- Educate, train, & advise company professionals to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Coach and mentor other RA professionals Pre market
- Create regulatory compliance / project plan with Product RA to ensure all requirements are met for country Regulatory market clearance submissions and liaise with relevant personnel to ensure appropriate, timely input is provided for submissions
- Communicate with Product RA resources to establish regulatory requirements, including clinical trial data.
- Provide RA support as needed to clinical studies to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Partner with Product RA professionals to review advertising and promotion materials for country or regional compliance and approve these as required.
• Act as liaison with external regulatory reviewers to gain rapid approval of submissions.
- Work with appropriate Product RA representative for countries with license expiration requirements, to establish plans and deliverables for timely submission for renewal of license.
- Support regulatory compliance and optimization of quality system procedures relating to new product registration submissions through the development, maintenance and improvement of documented processes. Post market
- Reviews new reportable adverse events for country reportability.
- Prepare Recall submissions, localize if applicable.
- Prepare Regulatory Authority responses to inquiries; work with the P&L to ensure accurate response.
- Following PSRB decision, review field action information to determine if reportable in local country.
- Support regulatory compliance and optimization of quality system procedures relating to post market reporting through the development, maintenance and improvement of documented processes.
- Act as liaison with external regulatory bodies, as required, to ensure appropriate and timely responses are provided to inquiries regarding product reports.
Provide evidence of official closure of post market actions (e.g. AERs and Recalls) to the P&L.
- Monitor external information for incidents or issues that may involve product; communicate information internally in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally recognized equivalent) & minimum of 3 years experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry or with medical product regulatory agencies; OR minimum of 7 years progressive regulatory affairs experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry or with medical product regulatory agencies, including knowledge & experience applying drug or device laws & regulations for product registration, adverse event reporting, & recalls
- Ability to prioritize, plan & evaluate deliverables to established strategic goals.
- Proven application of analytical skills in a regulatory environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate business issues in English.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience conducting scientific, regulatory, legal, or business research.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well independently & in a team setting.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of time.
- Advanced Degree in scientific, technology or legal disciplines;
- Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAPS);
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with regulatory agencies( e.g KPPB, TFDA, FMHACA, RPB, FDA,MHLW, Health Canada, KFDA etc) and standards bodies such as AAMI, IEC, ISO, UL;
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS);
- Experience with working across cultures/countries/sites;
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business entities in an extremely fast pace environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare environment and knowledge of current competitive, commercial or political situation and their impact on GE Healthcare regulatory strategies; and
- Experience with adverse event reporting and recalls.