General Manager at The Thrive Wellness Centre and Guesthouse
- Company: The Thrive Wellness Centre and Guesthouse
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
REPORTS TO: National Director of Kenya
ABOUT TWG: The Thrive Wellness Centre and Guesthouse (TWG) is a unique guesthouse focused on promoting health and ultimately servicing the mission of Thrive. The purpose of Thrive is to spread a naturally contagious model for growing health, organically. Thrive trains and equips communities to create Life Gardens, so they can grow health, step out of poverty, and teach others to do the same. The TWG is a new startup guesthouse located in Kitale, Trans-Nzoia. It has 9 bedrooms and a 16 client capacity and has gardens, a courtyard, gazebo and incredible dining patio all supporting a great client experience. TWG is searching for a General Manager to lead the business from its initial startup to a place of success and profitability.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about delivering an incredible service and guest experience. They see the value in a healthy lifestyle, diet and nutrition. They are an experienced people-leader who has a sales, guesthouse/guesthouse, and hospitality or tourism background. You are passionate about providing an incredible customer experience and growing your leadership skills. Your innate entrepreneurial spirit is drawing you to a place where you can make a valuable contribution, a place where you can really add value.
POSITION SUMMARY: To effectively manage all day-to-day operations, run and
grow inside sales and lead a team of 6 effectively. This role demands exceptional customer service and consistent interaction with guests and the team throughout the day. You will greet clients, position services packages, lead perspective clients on tours of the facility and close sales. Ultimately the General Manager is responsible for the financial success and profitability of the business. He / She should:
- be an ambassador for the TWG brand, its services and the facility;
- provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction;
- be responsible for managing the guesthouses management team (HOD’s) and overall guesthouse targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations of the guesthouse, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular meetings with all team members in their respective roles
- Develop and ensure full compliance to guesthouse operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the guesthouses’ annual Operating Budget, and Marketing & Sales Plan.
- Manage on-going profitability of the guest house, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the guesthouse and management.
- Deliver guesthouse budget goals and set both short and long term strategic goals for the business.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the guesthouses business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, are on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and guesthouses revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the key stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.)
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Overseeing and managing all team members and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to guesthouse team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent guesthouse professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A degree and/or certificate in hospitality
/hotel/guesthouse management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a guesthouse with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 5-10 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant management experience, ideally including experience in remote locations. And a minimum of 3 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.