Head of Business Development at Century Microfinance Bank Limited
- Company: Century Microfinance Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Century Microfinance Bank Limited (“Century”) is a Microfinance institution that specializes in providing financial services to Micro, Small and Medium Businesses at large. However, our primary focus is to serve the agricultural sector which has largely been under served by financial institutions. We were licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya as a deposit taking microfinance institution on 19th September 2012 to provide the full range of financial services such as savings accounts and credit. Century has over 15,000 clients many of whom are being served remotely using a branchless approach on the back of a technology platform. Our aim is to pursue and unlock the vast potential that lies in the businesses and farmers within the agricultural sector using the value chain financing approach. As we do this, the ripple effect will be the growth of economic generating activities in terms of knowledge, quality produce and tangible wealth. As a fully licensed institution our services although primarily focused on the agricultural sector will be targeted to all businesses that fall within the description of small and micro enterprises. The products we offer will enable our client to improve their status in life. We aim at the productivity of the client to enable them achieve their full potential which has hitherto been elusive due to the perceived risky nature of providing financial services to the Micro, Small and Medium Businesses sector and more so the agricultural sector. We achieve this by emphasizing the immense benefits of empowering the client through a discipline of consistent and deliberate savings to achieve both short term and long term goals.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Oversees the delivery of services to the clients or customers. He/She establishes policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitors employees and evaluates customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- New Business Development; – Support new business development and change initiatives act as Subject Matter Expert for Banking Operation functions. (30%)
- Cost and Efficiency; – ensure delivery processes are efficient and cost effective. (10%)
- Customer Satisfaction;- constantly assess customer feedback and make necessary improvements.(20%)
- Processes and Procedures; – to establish or refine service delivery processes for Century Microfinance Bank (20%)
- Strategy and policy; help to come up with new strategy for Products, sales and Marketing. 10%
- Risk & Compliance; – Ensure awareness operational risk and its mitigation. (10%)
- Support new business development and change initiatives in;
- Growing the customer numbers
- Growth of Loan book
- Growth of deposits
- Maintaining a high quality portfolio
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with corporate customers and SME’s
- Development of new products and services for the bank
- Strategy & Policy
- Analyze current market and industry trends and develop overall strategy for branches in liaison with the GMB
- Formulate and Implement policies and practices that are competitive and aligned to the bank’s growth strategies in consultation with the GMB
- Plan and direct the branch network activities to achieve short term and long term set financial performance standards.
- Business Acquisition
- Oversee the branch network growth in business
- Implement strategies on penetration of business segments, markets and sectors.
- Ensure growth of liabilities and assets (both in terms of volume and quality) business including transactional, alternate and direct banking business.
- Offer advice on product development and ensure alignment of products to customer needs and expectations.
- Support Business Standard implementation for Banking Operation functions.
- Provide insights into Business reengineering initiatives and ensure that these are deployed across markets in close partnership with ICT and service delivery teams
- Implement Business Service Delivery strategy in cost and efficiency manners.
- Establish Business Service Delivery operating model for Customer Due Diligence ,engaging with Businesses and Functions to ensure consistent delivery of a cost effective Service Delivery Banking Operations proposition which meets customer needs
- Support Banking Operations leadership to build a strong commercial and customer centric culture
- Support developing strong business service competencies and capabilities.
- Risk & Compliance
- Maintain internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring
- Ensure awareness operational risk and its mitigation
Education Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- Knowledge and Skills Should be aware of retail banking processes, regulatory policies & customer interaction exposure. Proven knowledge in operations and project management with good knowledge of customer account opening and maintenance
- Experience At least 4 years’ experience in a bank or financial institution
- Must be able to work independently with good interpersonal and project management skills.
- A matured self-starter, self-motivated, meticulous and committed individual.
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy with the ability to work with fixed deadlines
Visits to branches and other business units.