Head of Cross Border Payments at Equity Bank Limited
- Company: Equity Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
ROLE PROFILE FOR HEAD OF CROSS BORDER PAYMENTS
Working with the line manager, the post-holder is accountable for supporting the development and execution of the overall business growth, revenue generation, marketing and operations strategy in conjunction with local and regional teams for the bank. The position holder is accountable for cross border payments, maximizing market penetration, profitable transaction volumes and line management of the regional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow regional Transactions and Volumes
- Grow the department and regional Profitability
- New Product development with existing payment partners
- Achieve and maintain the customer satisfaction-Department target
- Anticipate Market Developments, Trends and Identify business Growth Opportunities
- Oversee regional expansion initiatives and provision of support for payment initiatives
- Identify, propose and manage individual payment partnerships and their contributions
- Works with line manager to develop and manage the implementation of the regional strategy, ensuring successful business growth in both the short and long term.
- Works with line manager, to ensure that an on-going audit of resources and skills is undertaken and that areas of weakness or defined resource gaps are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensures that a professional, well led and well-motivated team is developed/continues to develop and that skills and potential are maximized. In conjunction with line manager, will ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and clear objectives and priorities are set in line with corporate goals. Will ensure that a ‘delivery to outcome and deadline’ culture is created and maintained within the team.
- Identifies and pro-actively courts potential new business partners. Actively facilitates the contractual arrangements, on appropriate commercial terms, between any new partner identified and the Equity Group Works with line manager to recruit and take responsibility for managing the ongoing maintenance of key accounts or super-agents, ensuring the profitable transaction growth.
- Identifies opportunities for ATL and BTL marketing opportunities ensuring product/brand awareness with key business partners and customers is maximized.
- Working with the relevant teams, actively ensure the smooth introduction and marketing of any enhanced or new products.
- Analyses any trends/changes to transaction levels and identifies solutions to capitalize on growth opportunities/minimize a fall in either profit or volume.
- Liaison with local central banks and other regulatory agencies on issues related to anti money laundering laws and controls, in conjunction with the Legal Affairs team.
- Special projects oversight and implementation and any other duties assigned.
Essential Knowledge & Competencies
- In-depth Knowledge of International Remittances / payments business
- Considers and takes into account the impact of own decisions on all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge/experience gained within retail financial services / money transfer / remittances would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience of operating at a similar level of seniority – breadth of knowledge or experience at a senior level of operation will have encompassed network development, marketing or sales management, financial and risk analysis.
- Regional experience is essential and experience gained within a blue chip organization with an international focus together with exposure to operating within a fast paced / high growth environment will be highly preferred.
- Experienced in relationship management – able to demonstrate through past experience, a successful track record of negotiating effective and financially sound contractual relationships; able to deal with complex and sometimes difficult relationships at the highest level.
- Excellent presentational skills – able to give a polished presentation in a variety of formats, informally and formally.
- Strong commercial acumen – able to identify and work with key business partners to maximize business results.
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve working methodologies. Able to breakdown complex issues into simple components and build/implement required action plans.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to determine key priorities and manage outcomes to timeline.
- Prior team management experience – to include recruitment, development and resolution of any performance issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Ten years’ experience in sales / payments / remittances
- Regional or Multi currency Experience as a Regional head preferred
- Ability to travel