Head of Customer Service Africa at Jumia
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Jumia
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey!
What is this Job about?
As the Head of Customer Service for Africa, you are responsible for defining processes to ensure continuous improvement of our operations in terms of both service quality and cost efficiency by ensuring processes are followed and results tracked.
You will manage CS teams across Africa and develop the Team in as a powerful sales Channel and deliver exceptional level of services for our customers to retain them and make them loyal to our brand.
You will also be required to coordinate with other departments so they support customer experience.
You are responsible for:
- Defining processes to ensure continuous improvement of our operations in terms of both service quality and cost efficiency
- Ensuring processes are followed and results tracked
- Coordination with other departments so they support customer experience too (IT, Account Management, Finance)
- Management of the CS teams across Africa
- Develop our CS team in a powerful sales channel (recruiting new customers, promote cross-selling, reactivate customers)
- Delivering exceptional level of services for our customers to retain them and make them loyal to our brand
Your responsibilities are to:
- Lead the Jumia’s Customer Services function and develop a strategic approach to customer care
- Promote innovation, efficiency and customer focus in service delivery
- Ensure a perfect order and booking management in the different regions
- Deliver an exceptional level of services for our customers in the different hubs: ensure quick resolutions of customers’ complaints, ensure quick and consistent answers to customers via phone, email or chat
- Actively promote the Jumia Travel and Jumia Food brands to recruit new customers and find adapted solutions to our customers
- Implement and improve a customer service policy and measure customer satisfaction
- Work closely with other internal teams (Finance, Account Management, IT) and influence them to improve service level and operational standards
- Train, manage, coach and motivate the different CS teams (share best practices)
- Monitor performance and manage performance of Customer Service teams in terms of customer service, sales and cost efficiency
- Develop capacity plans to match the needs of both Jumia Food and Jumia Travel
- Audit data reported by CS agents to ensure great accuracy of data in our backend system
- Close monitoring of Jumia Food and Travel KPIs and report performance to line Managers
- Provide feedback to Management regarding service failures or customer concerns in your area
- Work with management team to align customer service policies and systems with the company’s objectives.
- Conduct other projects, reasonable duties, or deliverables as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Graduate degree • 5 years + of experience in Customer Service
- Customer service expert • Strong leadership and management skills. Ability to motivate coach and mentor a diverse and remote team
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (written, spoken, listening)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Partners and Management
- 100% Customer-focused • Action and results driven
- Sales oriented
- Knowledge in Customer Service software and IT infrastructure will be a great plus (Salesforce, Xcally, etc.)
- Well-organized / structured
- Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Resistant to stress
- Positive attitude and can-do spirit
- Pro-active and sense of responsibility
- Strong communication skills in English Language (MANDATORY)
- Proficiency in French
- Based in Nairobi, Kenya
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).