Head of Operations & Supply Chain at Moko Home
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Moko Home + Living
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products • Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country • Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
The Role In Brief
Our Head of Ops & Supply Chain is responsible for scaling our supply chain and distribution to reach millions of customers. We’re looking for a self-driven and analytical leader with the ability to direct and grow our operations team and systems toward this goal. You’ll be excited to solve big problems like developing a hub-and-spoke distribution model for quick, cost-effective delivery to our customer’s homes. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, putting in place the systems needed to organize the work of your team as it expands.
Lead and grow a world-class distribution operation
- Turn a distribution operation that reaches hundreds of thousands of customers into one that reaches millions
- Develop and implement a hub-and-spoke distribution model which delivers the quality and reliability of our retail customers’ dreams
- Grow and streamline our existing nationwide delivery service which serves hundreds of small businesses
- Oversee an increasingly sophisticated warehousing system and ensure seamless operations as our SKUs grow
Expand our international supply chain
- Master a sourcing operation that spans dozens of suppliers in 14 countries
- Continuously scour the globe for higher quality and more affordable materials, enabling us to build the products of our customers’ dreams
- Coordinate our sourcing teams in Kenya and Mauritius in ensuring an efficient flow of goods to where they are needed
- Select the best vendors from across the world and guarantee quality of the goods they supply
Develop and lead a high performing team
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, taking advantage of opportunities to grow team members’ responsibilities
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets and rewarding outstanding accomplishment
Implement and manage systems to effectively tackle increasingly complex work
- Find opportunities to develop and improve systems, delegate responsibilities to enable your team to handle more work with increasing complexity
- Identify and utilize key control points, allowing you to maintain quality and accuracy of the growing activities within your area of responsibility
Career Growth + Compensation
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies. You’ll also be awarded stock options, allowing you to participate in the value you create as a leader of our team.
- You are a strong leader, and you have at least 3 years’ experience managing individuals across different functional areas. You have a proven track record of motivating and developing your direct reports.
- You have experience developing and implementing management systems within an organization, and value the structure and predictability they bring.
- You have managed key internal and external relationships in another organization and are effective and building and maintaining such relationships independently.
- You are an adaptable professional who has drawn energy from working in an environment of rapid growth and change.
- You thrive when you’re able to take initiative and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and the freedom and authority to achieve them.
- You are eager to take responsibility for a key team within our company and find the prospect of driving its rapid growth while improving results extremely motivating.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
How to Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.