Head of Platinum Banking at NCBA
- Company: NCBA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
NCBA Bank Kenya is looking for a qualified, experienced, passionate, and driven person to fill the position of Head of Platinum Banking within the Retail Banking department.
Platinum banking is the 2nd tier of our affluent banking client proposition at NCBA Retail Banking.
The Head of Platinum Banking will formulate and execute the strategic agenda of the Segment and has direct responsibility for the overall P&L for the business. This entails business growth in terms of the loan book, liabilities, customer base and income to competitively position the Bank as a leader in this market segment.
The scope of the role also covers development and strategic positioning of the Segment’s Customer Value Proposition (CVP) with an aim of developing and expanding client relationships as well as implementing operations, processes, and team development programs that enhance the achievement of Platinum Banking objectives.
Financial Performance [50%]
- Develop and enhance market relevant Customer Value proposition and offer growth-focused solutions and services as a trusted partner. This will be driven by effective market research on segment’s opportunities.
- Growth of segment’s profitability and controlling both costs and risks inherent in the sales and credit processes.
- Drive revenue and volume growth with a focus on new acquisition, deepening of existing customer relationships and cross sell, improving market and customer share of wallet with the Bank.
- Collaborate and coordinate development and implementation of sales initiatives with Branch business/Managers, Premier Banking segment, Business Banking, Corporate, Institutional Banking & the Retail Sales Team to maximize on cross-selling opportunities.
- Develop a clear aggressive sales pipeline to both existing and potential customers ensuring continuous identification and development of new profit ventures.
- Review & closely monitor sales pipelines for direct reports to ensure achievement of overall targets.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the overall bank strategy.
- Drive the proactive management of PAR and NPL for the segment.
- Develop segment’s annual budgets in line with the overall organisational financial objectives. Monitor, review and approve cost within the approved budgets.
- Identify, organise and participate in industry wide forums that articulate business growth opportunities in the target market, positioning the bank as a leader in the segment.
Customer Experience [20%]
- Develop and drive customer management model for the segment to enhance Customer experience and the NCBA brand equity.
- In liaison with the Personal Banking Segment Development Manager, develop and champion implementation of business partnerships and solutions that will deepen customer relationships and segment’s profitability.
- In collaboration with the Head of Retail Client’s Services, drive Service initiatives and standards for the segment.
- Lead proactive management of customer relationships with the Relationship manager such that client needs can be predicted and pre-empted and served in a profitable and sustainable way to realise revenue, customer satisfaction and retention targets.
- Drive achievement of the set Daily minimum RM client engagements to deepen client relationships.
- Maximize customer value through segmentation insights and disciplined portfolio management.
- Collaborate with Retail Products management team to develop product bundles, pricing and promotions to improve cross product holding ratio and product profitability
- Define and manage customer retention strategies including reactive retention and proactive retention programmes.
- Leverage on customer research and competitor bench marking on customer experience and customer loyalty /advocacy metrics including NPS & RSI scores and drive initiatives to improve them.
- Collaborate with various product, credit, operations and functional teams to improve customer service delivery through turnaround times, service level agreements and process improvements.
- Network and maintain contact with external sources to benchmark innovative developments.
- Define and drive optimal uptake of products by existing and new customers.
Internal Business Processes [15%]
- In liaison with the Retail Head of Digital solutions, develop and implement strategic digital workflows and processes to drive efficiency, revenue generation and impactful customer engagement within the segment.
- Use data, information and insights to drive decision-making.
- Utilise the MIS system for continuous tracking of the segment’s performance, monitoring of customer satisfaction and provision of management / statutory reports as applicable.
- Ensure that the target market selection criterion is adhered to and that we are in full compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Strong responsibility for ethical selling to customers with complete disclosure about products and services.
- Ensure Portfolio supported is closely monitored and actions recommended are diligently executed.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and statutory guidelines. Minimise exposure to bank-wide risks, enforce zero tolerance to non-compliance with KYC and AML regulations.
- Lead the process and confirm that closure of gaps/lapses identified, corrective and preventative actions for the segment identified by audit, risk and compliance reviews; investigations or other assessment mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.
People, Learning, and Growth [15%]
- Effective team leadership, through clearly communicating Strategy and goals, coaching and mentorship, outcome being high employee engagement and satisfaction levels, leading to highly performing team across all Key Business result areas.
- Set segment’s performance expectations and conduct performance management evaluations.
- Recognise strong performance and proactively institute corrective action where performance is below par.
- Proactively manage poor performance and disciplinary cases in strict adherence to the Bank’s performance management guidelines.
- Identify and Implement development programs to optimize competence, productivity and achievement of objectives.
- Proactively manage own learning and development.
- Adhere to all HR policies including training and e-learning hours for self and team
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- CISI (or any other Investment products training or certification/qualification) would be a distinct advantage.
- AKIB or CPA (K). Any professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance (COP).
Desired work experience
- At least 5years in Relationship management.
- Over 10 years’ experience in commercial or Retail sales and lending, and at least 3 years of which should have been in a management capacity of affluent clients in a similar sized organisation.
- In-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of general commercial regulations and practices.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021