Head.Regulatory Affairs & Investor Relations at Kenya Airways
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kenya Airways
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Develop and Implement Kenya Airways’ regulatory programmes and systems of engagement with Government and other regulatory bodies whilst ensuring their alignment to applicable aviation/ regulatory standards. The role is also responsible for strategic stakeholder management to support the flow of mutual benefits between Kenya Airways and its wider stakeholders so that Kenya Airways can protect its interests in the short term and has the necessary support for its growth strategy in the long term.
Areas of focus and responsibility:
Develop and implement external relations systems that support the delivery of Civil Aviation, Regulatory, and broader stakeholder management policies that are beneficial to, or safeguard the interests of Kenya Airways.
- Interacting, building and maintaining strong strategic working relationships with various governments, local and regional agencies and civil aviation authorities to effectively liaise and lobby for favorable positions or desired agreements e.g. Bilateral Air Services Agreements, tax outcomes, etc. that support Kenya Airways’ objectives and priorities in Kenya, existing or new markets it seeks to venture into.
- Monitor and shape perceptions of Kenya Airways in the Government of Kenya
- Support the Director with compliance and statutory reporting
- Assist with ensuring compliance requirements are maintained and all licenses and permits kept in good order.
- Contribute to the production of reporting obligations.
- Develop and be the Custodian of the Kenya Airways’ strategic stakeholder management agenda and ensure its alignment to the organization’s objectives.
- Monitor and influence the policy and legislative environment
- Monitor and understand emerging Government agendas and policy positions.
- Review primary and subsidiary mining legislation and other legislation impacting Kenya Airways.
- Develop analyses and lobbying papers.
- Participate in stakeholder forums.
- Oversee the monitoring and analysis of Political and Economic Environments in which Kenya Airways operates in and assess the impact on Kenya Airways’ goals and objectives.
- Develop a Regulatory/Communication business risk framework and leading the implementation of resulting mitigating actions in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement an effective strategic stakeholder communications strategy and Programme that is aligned to the Corporate Strategy and that enhances Kenya Airways’ positive Corporate Image and Reputation.
- As part of the Crisis Management Team, contributing to the development and implementation of the Kenya Airways’ Crisis Management Policy and ensuring the development of a corresponding Communications Plan.
- Managing investor and lender visits .
- Effectively representing the Director in key external meetings and company events, and driving Kenya Airways’ objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following required qualifications, experience and background:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, International Development, Communications, Public policy or other related field.
- At least eight- ten years management experience in Corporate/ External Affairs, policy development or Government Relations.
- Knowledge of Aviation Law and/or work experience in the Aviation Industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of issues and trends in corporate communications in a high profile, multi-stakeholder company in a regulated industry.
- A proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Navigates Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable for meeting commitments.
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
The Candidate Profile
- An individual who embodies a true customer-focus and empathy with the KQ values.
- A person of high integrity displayed in both word and deed who is easily described as authentic.
- A change catalyst who is easily adaptable to change and is enthusiastic about leading change.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to convey concise and comprehensive findings on matters of a complex nature.
- Holds the ability to take into account different dynamics in the environment in order to paint holistic picture to their audience and provide a futuristic view.
- Has a passion for people and puts people at the heart of the business.
- Has the ability to build and sustain relationships with high profile individuals from government and private sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in managing and developing teams (coaching, motivation, delegation), from the highest to the lowest team member.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.