Head of Retail & Branch Business, Senior Forensic Officer at Old Mutual Group
- Company: Old Mutual Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Retail Jobs in Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
1. Head of Retail & Branch Business
Reporting to the GM Distribution, the job holder will drive business development through the Retail and Branch distribution network by leading and managing Channel and Branch managers in carrying out sales and marketing activities so as to ensure the company achieves its corporate goals in terms of revenue growth, profitability and customer service.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Education, Finance or any other business related field is desirable.
- 5 Years’ experience in Business Development, Management and or training and management of Sales Team in the insurance industry.
- Qualifications in Training and Development will be an added advantage
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- High caliber sales professional with a strong inclination to transfer hisher abilities to others and making a personal impact on staff
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong working knowledge of Ms Office suite
- Passionate about developing people and constantly upgrading hisher personal competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication and inter personal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Set up clear targets for Branch Managers to ensure maximum productivity, profitable growth and cost management
- Drive the achievement company sales targets, business quality targets, profitability targets and premium collection targets through the branch distribution network
- Monitor Branch business performance and take corrective action so as to meet the set targets
- Profitably grow retail business portfolio to the required proportion as defined in the business strategy
- Identify opportunities for further business growth and implement strategies to take advantage of them
- Manage all costs within the marketing budget for the branches
- Conduct joint field work with Branch managers when necessary to support their business development activities
- Conduct regular workshops and seminars aimed at communicating and developing sales skills, product knowledge and business management for agents, brokers and branch staff
- To establish new branch networks in the counties e.g. satellites, distribution partnerships, retail centers and outlets
- Assist branch managers in the recruitment of Agents and DSF
- Ensure customer service standards are met as per the customer service charter
- Imparting product & process training to the branches team
- Collect market intelligence from the branches so as to come up with new products and other strategic responses
- Ensure that the UAP branch network allows UAP to reach all potential clients so as to ensure profitability of branch operations
- Ensure that quality incentive schemes that help to drive the achievement of revenue targets are developed and implemented for intermediaries
KEY RESULT AREAS & PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Deliver a quality marketing strategy that is able to drive UAP business goals and is in line with the business plan,
- Delivery the gross premium general business and health budget and ensuring that business growth targets are met
- Drive advertising and promotion activities, ensuring that they are timely, effective and within budget and that set brand image goals are achieved
- Marketing costs and expenses kept within budget
- Achievement of profit targets
- Achievement of customer experience targets
- Number and quality of intermediaries
- Number of New recruited intermediaries meeting targets
- High Renewal Retention
- Number of Agents achieving set sales standards
- Brand alignment of Agents and Branch staff
- Number of DSFs growing into sales leadership roles
- Number of Agents staying with the company for 5 years and above.
- Full regulatory compliance of the sales team
2. Senior Forensic Officer
Reporting to the Forensic Manager, the incumbent will conduct planning and execution of investigative fieldwork, maintain accurate and complete information on the electronic case management system.
Qualifications and experience
- Business related degree
- Relevant qualification or equivalent in Forensic related field is essential.
- 5 years relevant work experience in forensics/investigations is essential.
Knowledge and Skills
- Has a detailed knowledge of the financial services industry operations.
- Engages on the right level to obtain business context during investigation.
- Good inter-personal skills, including influencing skills. Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal and team results.
- Self-starter, able to show initiative and work with minimal guidance.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solution-driven, passionate and energetic.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and initiative as well as a proactive mind set.
- Maintenance of evidentiary material to support the findings and the contents of the electronic case/project management system.
- Drafts reports with findings and recommendations.
- Follows-up all recommendations made to business.
- Manages client and stakeholder relationships without supervision, including providing regular feedback to stakeholders.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening skills and knowledge.
- Plans, executes investigations/projects without supervision.
- Maintains accurate and complete information of forensic work on the electronic case management system.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Making increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborating effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepting and living the company values.