HelpAge International Job Vacancy : Programme Coordinator
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya - Social Sciences Jobs in Kenya
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and internationally.
Our long-term vision is to establish a global movement of strong connected age focused and older people led platforms in every country in the world. We aim to extend the reach and influence of the HelpAge Global Network and all those in a position to help bring about our vision for older persons, including Governments, regional institutions, policy makers, development partners, the private sector, UN organisations and academic institutions.
Kenya, a country of approximately 50 million has about 1.8 million older people. The Government of Kenya over the years has been developing various policies and programmes aimed at improving the well being of older persons and has the potential to play an important role within Africa and international forums advocating for older persons rights.
In Kenya, HelpAge International has been working closely with various ministries of the Government of Kenya and other partners to develop relevant policy framework and programming for older persons focused on the issues of social protection, health and emergencies.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the AFD and MH projects in Kenya as per the plans and the parameters of the budget ensuring project achieves its intended goals and is implemented in accordance with good practice programme and financial management principles.
The post holder will be responsible for coordinating activities across the designated partners (KARIKA, UoN, MoH and Health stakeholders) providing required technical and management support while working very closely with the Government of Kenya (GoK) Department of Social Protection, the Ministry of Health (including NCDs Division and Ageing Unit) and the wider state and non-state actors working on various components of health and care social protection.
Programme Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Strategic and programme development support
- Working closely with the Regional Technical Team and under the direct line management of the Kenya Country
- Director and of the relevant Regional Programme Manager(s), the Kenya Project Coordinator will implement the projects under his/her responsibility and provide relevant input to the Africa Regional Social Protection and Africa Health and Care thematic working groups.
- Ensure regular reporting internally and externally to the donor, the Africa Regional Office and other relevant organisations as required to ensure HelpAge’s role as a key player in the Kenya Social Safety Net Programme and as health partner towards universal health coverage achievement as per Kenya Vision 2030 is profiled.
- Support in the development of other social protection and health and care programmes to ensure continuity and expansion of the Country office’s role in promoting and strengthening social protection in Kenya.
- Be responsible for the timely and effective management of the programmes in an accountable way and in accordance with the donor requirements and HelpAge’s own internal procedures and contract management guidelines.
- Be responsible for the preparation, review and submission of timely and quality donor reports including all aspects of programmatic, financial and contractual compliance.
- Provide support and advice to KARIKA, UoN and other relevant stakeholders in developing and implementing social protection programmes, drawing on internal and external best practices.
- Maintain regular operational and strategic relationship with stakeholders, including the Social Protection Unit of the GoK, the Ministry of Health, UN Agencies, Academic Institutions and NGOs working on health and care and social protection and social accountability
- Ensure project activities and outputs and impact are effectively monitored, evaluated and lessons documented and disseminated.
- To manage and support the development of project budgets as per HelpAge, Age International and AFD’s requirements, including budget phasing, timely generation, uploading, monitoring and financial reporting.
- Support the project partners in monitoring and implementing project activities within the approved budgets.
- Support annual and strategic planning and reporting exercises to ensure the project’s contribution to the organisational strategic objectives is regularly tracked and reported.
Advocacy and Communications
- Support the advocacy components of the programme working closely with KARIKA to ensure older people continue to advocate for more accountable, responsive and effective social protection programmes and towards comprehensive universal health coverage for older people delivered by the Government of Kenya.
- Support in building alliances with other (I) NGOs, Research Institutions and development partners for joint programming and engagements in consortia.
- To actively participate in HelpAge’s Social Protection Working Group and effectively contribute to debates that support the development of the thematic area.
- Represent when necessary HelpAge to national and international technical fora and conferences
Qualifications for the Programme Coordinator Job
- Experience in Social Protection and Social Accountability working with CSOs strengthening demand and supporting policy engagement with relevant state institutions
- Experience in public health programming through engagement of various stakeholders, strong public health research and advocacy skills
- Strong Project Management with excellent understanding of the project cycle
- Strong Financial Management with ability to effectively monitor budget and utilise financial resources prudently
- Able to network and engage effectively with stakeholders in state and non-state actors working on health and care, social protection and social accountability with focus on citizen engagement
- Excellent writing skills, able to effectively communicate and address audiences at different levels Education
- Educated with a post graduate degree in public health, or any social science field
- Excellent English, good knowledge of Kiswahili
How to Apply
To apply, send your cv and cover letter, detailing how you meet the criteria for this role to [email protected] by 16th August, 2018