HelpAge International Job Vacancy : Regional Human Resources & Staff Development Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
Our long-term vision is to establish a global movement of strong connected age focused and older people led platforms in every country in the world. Only by collaborating together can we achieve a world in which all older people can lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. We aim to extend the reach and influence of the HelpAge Global Network to all those in a position to help bring about our vision for older people– including Governments, regional institutions, policy makers, development partners, the private sector, UN organisations and academic institutions.
In Africa region we will deliver this through a combination of programme, policy and communications work focused on our core themes of social protection, health and care, and humanitarian issues.
As part of the global HR team the regional Human Resources and Staff Development Manager will act as a strategic business partner to staff in the Regional office, Country Directors and country HR staff in the region. The post holder is responsible for all HR related matters in the region.
Job Impact: The role of Human Resources & Staff Development Manager is expected to impact and influence in the following critical areas
Regional Human Resources & Staff Development Manager Job Responsibilities
Strategic HR Management
- Develop HR strategies and plans to support HelpAge International mission and values
- Support the achievement of business objectives by providing strategic HR advice to the leadership team and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide technical HR guidance to regional and country teams on key HR issues such as policy interpretation, performance management, compensation and benefits, recruitment and retention strategies, etc.
- Provide advice on employee relation issues (including disciplinary and grievance, capability, whistleblowing, etc.). Manage and resolve complex issues when needed.
- Develop, implement and monitor HR systems, policies, procedures, and best practice to strengthen country and regional HR functions.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to people management, ensuring regulatory compliance and reducing legal risks.
- Advise the Senior management team on human resource planning and management in line with organizational policies and legal framework
- Support the country programmes in salary surveys and interpretation of results as well as recommendations for rolling out
- Maintain overview of legal aspects of HR management in the countries and advice senior teams as necessary
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of key roles within the region and country programmes.
- Participate in regional leadership team meetings and flag up key HR issues
- Input into periodic change process through structural profiling of countries, make recommendations and highlight risks based on legal and operating environment assessment
- In consultation with senior management team, draw and implement sustainable human resource action plans based on recommendations from organization review and external audits.
- Roll out and maintain the Human Resource Information System – Cascade in all countries within Africa Region. Be the focal point for Cascade in the region and provide support to other HR colleagues in country as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the global HR team on the implementation and management of global HR projects and initiatives.
- Preparation and management of HR analytics for the region to help decision making and contribute to annual global HR reporting
- Participate in interagency HR forums
- Lead in the recruitment of senior management including expatriates in the Africa region.
- Oversee the payroll function in the regional office
- Oversee the HR administration of the regional office
- Maintain a regional data base of staff/ consultants/ volunteers working in the region
- Provide regular sensitization of staff on the performance management system to ensure it is understood and effectively implemented.
- Manage the on boarding process for newly appointed country directors and staff within the regional office.
- Undertake HR audits of the country programmes and identify areas of improvement necessary
- Develop relevant policies and manuals for new country programmes as well as support in revision of the HR policies in other country programmes
- Act as a key HR contact in the Africa region for the global emergency response team , supporting regional/country teams to mobilise/recruit staff for quick deployment
- Work with managers to develop a regional staff development plan for all staff.
- Advise on learning and development interventions to include staff exchange and secondments.
- Provide support to regional and country staff around performance feedback, coaching, career development, identifying and executing appropriate actions as appropriate.
- Develop, lead and facilitate training sessions related to key organisational policies and procedures that is also based on learning gaps and career development
- Identify quality and cost effective training strategies for group trainings of staff
- Be the E-learning system owner for the region, advise staff to develop new content , popularize the e-learning platform by campaigning for various courses with the assistance of HR in London
- Work with RD/Country Directors to develop a succession plans for specific positions within the regional office and country programmes as necessary and relevant
- Undertake training of the HR focal points within country teams
- Develop and maintain network with training institutions, universities and other INGOs
- Identify and discuss ways to promote female staff and their participation in decision making at different levels is ensured
How to Apply
To apply, send your cv and cover letter, detailing how you meet the criteria for this role to [email protected] by 16th August, 2018