Human Resource Officer at Export Processing Zones Authority
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Export Processing Zones Authority
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
The Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA) is a State Corporation, under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives established in 1990, by the EPZ Act CAP 517, Laws of Kenya. EPZA’s mandate is to promote and facilitate export oriented investments and to develop an enabling environment for such investments.
The jobholder will be responsible of processing payroll, implementation of the EPZA welfare scheme and coordinating the utilization of the HR Information system for accuracy and timeliness of employees’ compensation and benefits. This position shall also implement the Medical, WIBA, GPA and GLC Schemes.
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Participate in development of the Section’s Work plan
- Prepare quarterly sectional reports
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in committee meetings where necessary
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implements the EPZA medical scheme, processing all medical claims and ensuring
that cover limits are not exceeded, while communicating to staff on any changes
relating to the medial provisions
- Administer the company GPA and Group Life covers, to ensure that staff and their
families are compensated in cases of injury or death
- Ensuring adequate availability of drinking water, conducive working environment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA
- Process payroll, answer payroll questions and facilitate resolutions to any payroll
errors and ensure remittance and returns of all statutory deductions
- Assist in providing professional counselling services to EPZA staff where necessary and liaise with government and professional bodies to promote mental, physical and emotional health of staff
- Prepares documentation for compensation of all work injury benefits (WIBA) and GPA cases
- Assist in preparing and submitting quarterly reports on Union and welfare management, gender, disability, HIV/Aids, Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Record occupational hazards and incidences, accidents at the workplace and assist in ensuring their closure through corrective action arising from incidents, accidents, investigations and hazard reports.
- Financial Responsibility:
- Recommend loans for staff from SACCO, Banks and other financial institutions
Responsibility for Physical Assets:
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution;
- Decision Making:
- Vets the Staff financial capability in servicing loans
- Working conditions:
- Work predominantly within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and will work under supervision of a senior officer
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution; and
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Served in the grade of Senior Human Resource Assistant or equivalent position for atleast three (3) years in the public service or in a reputable organization
Functional Skills: Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Knowledge of labor laws
- Analytical skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized and accurate
- Dependable and able to respond to management direction
- Employee relations
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
How to ApplyShortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)