ICT Admin Job At Alternate Doors In Kenya
Our Client is a business Centre Currently recruiting an ICT Administrator
ICT Admin Job Purpose
- Responsible for assisting the Network Administrator in the design, implementation and management of business support IT Network infrastructure including physical and virtual data centers, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Internet links and communication systems such as PABX, Desktop phones and video conferencing.
- Providing support and technical expertise in networking terminology, including WAN/Hardware, hubs,
bridges and routers.
ICT Admin Job Responsibilities
- Manage the network support while enforcing network security within the entire infrastructure
- Enforcement of all security measures within the LAN and WAN infrastructure
Administering LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
- Enforcement of all network policies and procedures
- Provide firewall administration
- Responsible for the specification and deployment of enterprise network both voice and non-voice and wiring standards physical and passive including optical fibres, wireless network devices and cabling
- Management of all active and non-active network components, routers, switches, firewall, hubs, modems, DTUs etc
- Proactively manage the LAN/WAN network and enforce strong recovery policies to ensure 99.99% availability.
- Providing reports regarding network system performance, utilisation and compliance
- Assessing business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Planning, designing and upgrading network installations projects
- Establishing and maintaining backup, version-control and viral defense systems
- Trouble shooting network architecture and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
Managing the user expectations.
- Periodic, planned proactive visits to internal customers with reports and requests actioning within agreed timeframes.
- Define service level agreements (SLAs) both internally and with our customers.
- Define metrics to ensure we are meeting those SLAs and holding the support team accountable.
- Oversee continuous service level improvement initiatives associated with core processes and mission-critical systems.
- Meet regularly with IT and business unit managers to clarify new SLAs and to finalize new requirements of or additions to existing SLAs.
Qualifications For ICT Admin Job
- Degree in science/Engineering/Computer Science
- Networking Certification – Cisco/Microsoft/Novell
- IT Service Management – ITIL Certification
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment
- 2+ years’ experience with network operating systems such as windows server, Novell and Cisco
- 2+ years’ experience in network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, Security, Internet
protocol and TCP/IP, and server and network infrastructure
- Experience working with Routers, switches, cabling and other essential network hardware
- Knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration, and network technology
- Strong technical skill/knowledge spanning enterprise infrastructure, Web-based application hosting and
- Detail oriented and process focused
- Self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a fast pace, growth orientated entrepreneurial environment
- 1+ years direct work experience in a service level management capacity, including all aspects of SLA
development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL.