INTERN – Executive Office at United Nations
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: United Nations
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The UN-Habitat Executive Office Internship is for 6 months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Programme Officer, the intern will:
– Assist in drafting, editing and preparing communication material on behalf of the Office of the Executive Director, including e-mails, letters, messaging and outreach material in both French and English.
– Assist in drafting and reviewing speeches and other documents in both English and French.
– Assist in taking and summarizing meeting notes.
– Assist in compiling statistics and undertaking analysis on various issues.
– Assist in developing and maintaining an ICT system to manage internal communications.
– Support the Executive Director in promoting her Social Media presence: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms.
– Support development of statements for the Executive Director and follow up to ensure that they have been uploaded into the UN-Habitat website and shared through the Executive Director’s social media platforms.
– Monitor the social media profile of the Executive Director and propose responses as appropriate, in close cooperation with Advocacy, Outreach and Communication Branch (External Relations Division) to ensure that the social media profile of the Executive Director is in support of the overall UN-Habitat communication strategy.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
c. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Area of Study:
Relevant coursework in Information Communications Technology, International Relations, Global Affairs, Journalism, Economics, Public Affairs, Public Relations or other related fields.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English and French is required; .
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration
Your application for this internship must include:
1. A Completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.