Internal Audit Manager at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Internal Audit (IA) function at CHAI strives to be a valued partner and advisor to Boston, Global and Country Management. The department is guided by a philosophy of objective assurance and value-added commitment to supporting and improving operations at CHAI. This is achieved by a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, internal controls, and overall policies and procedures.
The Internal Audit Manager has a key role in the audit department. Reporting directly to the head of the department, the person works closely with the Associate Director to ensure that the annual audit plan is executed efficiently and effectively. The person works with the audit team to improve the visibility of organizational risks to help Management make decision.
The Internal Audit Manager will work remotely from their manager and must be able to function independently, be capable of balancing multiple priorities, and have a strong commitment to excellence.
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and excellent report writing and presentation skills, and influencing communication skills.
The role requires international travel, estimated up to 50%. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Develop and maintain an up to date understanding of CHAI’s global operations, risks, and compliance requirement
- Conduct individual internal audits, as part of the total internal audit plan.
- Develop internal audit scopes and programs and conduct audits in CHAI country offices.
- Write internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Provide recommendations that are applicable and add value to the business processes in country.
- Conduct follow up audits to validate implementation of corrective actions.
- Conduct training on internal controls, compliance and governance.
- Prepare periodic reports for the Audit Committee.
- Review the work performed by other Internal Audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm.
- Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.
- Maintain shared documentation of internal audit activities, including annual risk assessment documents, quarterly progress reports, audit reports, corrective actions follow up reports, risk register and control matrices.
- Promote organizational awareness and understanding of operational and compliance risks, internal and anti-fraud controls.
- Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Associate Director, Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Operations; MBA preferred
- CIA or CPA certified
- At least 7 years of experience in Internal Audit/Compliance related roles
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Great understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to promote ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Experience with providing training to large audience of diverse background
- High sense of integrity, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing and able to travel (50% international travel)
- Willing to work with a geographically dispersed team across time zones
- Fluency in English required, working knowledge of a second language a plus