International Livestock Research Institute Job Vacancy : Legal Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Livestock Research Institute
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Kenya
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Legal Officer to provide legal guidance, expertise and support in a range of fields including contracts, organizational and corporate law, labour laws, IP law to deliver high quality, result-oriented and efficient legal support expertise to the Institute.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa.
Contracts management and research support
- Maintain updated templates for ILRI CRAs, MoUs, and other agreement formats
- Support the review and negotiation of contracts, and advise to ILRI’s research programs and other units on all research agreements, assessing legal implication, risks and ensuring compliance with ILRI Policies and practice
- Maintain database of contracts and contract information (subsequently to be linked to OCS)
Legal and corporate compliance
- Maintain -databases (SharePoint) of key ILRI and Kapiti legal documents, assets, policies, procedures, legal disputes, lab notebooks and other institutional records (including hosting arrangements).
- Assist in legal research and preparation of legal opinions.
- Provide litigation and case support assistance to the IP & Legal Counsel.
- Assist in the creation of institutional policies and procedure
ILRI hosting arrangements
- Host country agreements and global offices
- Maintain e-databases (SharePoint) for all ILRI global offices, operating agreements
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate updates and renewals of all host services agreements
- Institutions hosted by ILRI
- Maintain e-databases (sharepoint) of ILRI hosted institution agreements
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate updates and renewals of hosted institution agreements
IP management and compliance
- Provide legal support for IP and legal compliance and management, in particular to ILRI programs, units and institutional compliance committees.
- Assist in providing legal interpretation of CGIAR and ILRI IA Policies and national legislation, train and disseminate legal requirements to staff
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time to assist the IP & Legal Unit achieve its mandate
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law (LL. B) from a university recognized in Kenya. Candidates with relevant post-graduate or other qualifications in IP Law will have an added advantage
- Post-graduate diploma in Legal studies from the Kenya School of law
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Be of good standing and possess LSK practicing certificate
- Have at least a minimum of two years post-admission experience in a busy law firm that handles commercial contracts and litigation
- Demonstrate good grasp of relevant laws including but not limited to Laws governing International non-profit organizations; Kenya Law and the Constitution of Kenya 2010; IP Law and related International Laws and Treaties, Labour Laws and Corporate governance
This position is job level 2D, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development. Click Here To Apply before 20 February, 2019. The position title and reference number REF: LO/02/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.