KCB Bank Job Vacancy : Employee Relations Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: KCB
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to the Head, Employee Relations and Wellness, the jobholder is responsible for implementation of the disciplinary and grievance handling policies and procedures for a portfolio of assigned Business Units; taking into account, application of law, organization values, operational policies and procedures. The person implements staff recognition programs and interventions that support delivery of business objectives in line with the organization values.
Employee Relations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Formulate input to the Employee Relations and Wellness HR Strategy relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio.
- Implement the Group HR Policies, procedures and processes relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio and provides staff and line management with guidance on matters arising thereof.
- In liaison with the Forensic Department and or other concerned Departments, line management and staff, investigate or coordinate the investigation of staff cases relating disciplinary and grievance matters and see to their conclusion and or determination.
- Manage staff separation procedures and communication, ensuring that internal policies and related statutory requirements are observed/fulfilled.
- Internally manage law suits filed against the Bank involving former staff; including liaising with the internal legal department for technical legal advice/guidance, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence, contacting witnesses to corroborate the organisation’s legal position.
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal and/or external customers, stakeholders, and suppliers relating to the assigned Business units portfolio: Heads of HR Departments, Survey Consultants, Trade Unions/Committees, Medical, Wellness and Safety Providers and Consultants, Industry bodies (e.g. Kenya Bankers Association, Federation of Kenya Employers), lawyers, Functional Directors, Heads of Departments, Branch Managers, staff and line managers,
- Prepare substantive management papers, reports, recommendations, opinions, briefs, presentations, proposals and meeting minutes relating to the assigned Business units portfolio.
- Provide secretarial support for business and or staff committees, schemes, initiatives or forums relating to the assigned Business units portfolio. (Disciplinary and Grievance Handling Committees, Appeals Committees, Union/Management Meetings, Staff Recognition Panels, Staff Visits and Engagement Forums).
- Maintain accurate and consistent data, records and statistics relating to the assigned Business Units portfolio
Requirements for the Employee Relations Manager Job
- A University degree in Human Resource Management or a business related field from an institution recognized by the Commission for Higher Education.
- Professional qualifications in HR or specific field of HR
- A member of IHRM
- An MBA or LLB will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management; with at least 3 years in Employee Relations and/or Industrial Relations management.
- Sound understanding of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Laws and HR Regulatory Guidelines
- Excellent leadership, customer service, communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 28th May, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
KRA Pin Card
Birth Certificate of self
Passport Photo (White Background)
Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable