Kenya Airways Job Vacancy : HR Business Partner
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Kenya Airways
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
HR Business Partner Job Responsibilities
This role will act as a consultant to the functional business unit leader as well as provide guidance and support to the allocated departments across all areas on human resources matters. In liaison with the Principal HRB Partner act as employee’s champion and change agent, assessing and anticipating HR-related needs and communicating them proactively with the HR department and Business Units.
- Function as an internal consultant to management and function employees by helping them identify and resolve issues, encouraging excellent management practices, anticipating internal organization issues, proposing solutions, and understanding/representing the employee perspective.
- In liaison with the Principal HR Business Partner, provide HR guidance and support to the allocated business units across a breadth of areas including talent management, employee development, performance management, change management and employee relations.
- In liaison with the Principal HR Business Partner / Head of HR Business Partners facilitate talent reviews and succession planning discussions and work with the business units to ensure plans are actively put into practice.
- Assist with labor relations initiatives, assuring compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement as well the company rules and regulations.
- Using the approved manpower plan, recruit for the vacant positions.
- Prepare Business function Human Resource forecasts in consultation with Principal HR Business Partner and Business Unit Heads in scoping and justification of proposed and existing roles in line with the business strategy by recommending optimal staff establishment.
- Support the development of Talent management within the Business Unit by enabling the Business Unit to attract, retain and motivate talent.
- Coordinating and facilitating the entire process of performance management, ensuring timely submission of reports and their analysis within the allocated business unit.
- Champion and enforce labour laws as constituted within the country and the company’s policies.
- Frequently support and advice on Human Resources challenges and issues facing the business units.
- In liaison with business unit heads and Principal HR Business Partner, ensure that leave plans are in place and are adhered to.
- Interpretation of the policies and procedures and assess compliance by all employees within the business unit. (Advise managers and employees on disciplinary issues and procedures).
Qualifications for the HR Business Partner Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant field.
- Holder of a Post graduate diploma in HR.
- Registered Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (HRM).
- Must hold a valid HR practicing certificate
- At least 5 years of HR generalist or relevant experience
- Experience in general HR processes, such as behavioral interviewing, candidate evaluation, employee relations, compensation and knowledge of current labor laws
- Must be able to communicate effectively through writing and oral presentations.
- Must relate well to people and work in cooperation with others effectively to coordinate activities and accomplish goals
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member; must interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must be able to prioritize and complete a high volume of work, manage multiple projects/ assignments and coordinate requests to successful completion
Behavioral Competencies (As per KQ’s defined competency levels)
- Achievement Drive & Initiative – Level 2
- Passion for Kenya Airways – Level 2
- Industry and Market Knowledge – Level 2
- Leading Courageously – Level 2
- Living and Breathing Customer Service – Level 2
- Leading Teams for Excellence – Level 2
- Holding Others Accountable – Level 3
- Humility – Level 2
- Collaborating as a Team – Level 2
- Coaching and Developing Others – Level 2