Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy : Head Nurse
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Kenya Red Cross
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The society is set to open a Drugs and Substance abuse Rehabilitation Center in Hindi, Lamu County.
The Centre will provide both Out-patient and In-patient services focusing on prevention, treatment and harm reduction of drugs and substance abuse. The Society is therefore searching for qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the below position:
Position Title: Head Nurse
Reporting to: Facility In Charge
Job Location: Lamu
Reporting to the Facility in Charge, the overall objective of the position takes overall responsibility of planning, supervising, coordinating nursing services, deployment of the nursing staff to various sections, organizing and discharging activities to the nursing staff.
- Overall in-charge of all nursing services and would therefore work as both supervisor and team leader of the whole team.
- Participate actively in the planning and evaluation at the center.
- Coordinating care for complex clients and demonstrate leadership when collaborating with care providers.
- Ensuring efficiency in planning, organization and implementation of work in the center.
- Compile and submit daily, weekly (IPD HIS) and monthly.
- Focal person in issues concerning the nursing department within the rehab.
- Deployment of nursing staff within the rehab.
- Liaise with Logistics coordinator in planning of the field movement of the rehab staff on a daily basis
- Ensure the KRCS guidelines, policies and vision are understood and followed by the nursing department.
- Oversee the development and implementation of SOPs, policies and procedures on the running of the rehab covering staffing and equipment.
- Organize orientation programme for the new nurses.
- In-charge of appraising nurses.
- Hold monthly and quarterly meetings with the nursing team.
- Acquiring and maintaining current knowledge in the Nursing Education and practice.
- Supervise the center regularly to ensure quality care.
- In collaboration with the administrator, the matron and in-charges oversee the daily staff track of the nurses at the rehab
- In-charge of the bi-annual rotation of the nursing staff.
- Manage the nursing personnel in cooperation with the Human Resource office in recruitment, deployment and disciplinary sittings concerning the nursing staff.
- Ability to supervise the provision of safe, effective and ethical care.
- Approve Leave forms for the nursing team ensuring all the departments are adequately covered at all times.
- Maintain Database of the nursing staff.
- Ensure adherence to polices and guidelines with reference to nursing practice, infection control and prevention and healthcare waste management.
- Ensure all nurses have a valid practicing license.
- Report any significant changes in operations of the health services to the Facility In Charge
- Recommend and implement inter-departmental reshuffle of hospital nursing staff biannually/annually or whenever necessary.
- Participate in all mortality audits.
- Identification and assessment of training needs of the nursing staff depending on their respective areas of work and ensure fair selection when training opportunities arise.
- Network with the logistics department, pharmacy, administrator and other sector heads to ensure there is availability of resources (medical supplies).
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher diploma in Nursing or equivalent qualifications.
- Certificate or diploma in psychiatric community nursing is an added advantage
- Registered with the nursing council of Kenya and have a current practicing license
- Over two (2) years relevant experience gained in a busy hospital setup. Experience working in a rehabilitation center will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the work of the Red Cross in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business/Society
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements and conducting Job Evaluations.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
- Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders..
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 27th April 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and practicing licence where applicable, names and contacts of three referees.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview