Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy : Accountant
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kenya School of Law
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Ref: KSL/HR02 /2018
The Kenya School of Law is a public legal education provider responsible for the provision of professional legal training as an agent of the Government. The School is run under the auspices of the Kenya School of Law Act No. 26 of 2012 of the Laws of Kenya.
In order to effectively meet these expanded functions, the School wishes to recruit committed, dynamic and result oriented persons who will join the existing strong team of staff to help it realize its vision of being “A preferred centre of excellence in legal education and training in the Eastern Africa region and beyond”.
We are looking for independent, visionary, strategic thinkers who are customer oriented, and would effectively participate in initiating organizational transformation. Specifically, we seek to recruit: –
Overall purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Finance Manager the incumbent will be responsible for effective financial management.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail-
- Co-ordination of cash office operations by daily checking of the petty cash book postings in the accounting system for accurateness;
- Preparing and submitting financial statements and reports to provide regular updates of the institution’s financial position;
- Ensuring compliance with Income Tax Act, VAT Act and that all taxes are timely paid;
- Reviewing of postings to the general ledger for completeness, accuracy and conformity to IPSAS AND GAAPS;
- Reviewing of journal entries specifically salaries, Deferred income and Depreciation to ensure accurate amounts have been inputted;
- Managing and controlling accounts payables by verification of payments to suppliers and contracted professionals to ensure their ledgers are up to date;
- Ensuring accurate posting of supplier’s invoices and payment vouchers in the accounting system by daily reconfirming the postings for ease of General Ledger reconciliation;
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are done by 10th of the following month to enable in depth review and resolution of reconciling items;
- Maintaining of ledger accounts by daily posting of related transactions that will assist in preparation of final accounts;
- Checking accuracy of transactions including payments and receipts to ensure financial prudence;
- Ensuring timely responses to both internal and external audit queries so as to get a good audit report;
- Maintaining and updating fixed assets register to reflect the correct position for informed management;
- Ensuring timely payroll statutory returns to relevant authorities;
- Examination of payment vouchers against budgetary allocation;
- Preparing of cash flow forecast;
- Preparing and submitting statutory deductions so as to avoid penalties from non-remittance and late remittance of the same to comply with statutory obligation;
- Ensuring safe custody of all Accountable Documents through lockable safes to avoid fraud through manipulation of old records;
- Preparing monthly payroll journals and ensuring they are filed and captured in the accounting system; and
- Ensuring transactions are properly recorded and accurately entered into the computerized accounting system.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
The successful candidate will: –
- Hold a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Possession of CPA (K), or equivalent will be a definite advantage;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in a busy accounting environment.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, and day -time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Send your application to:-
The Director Kenya School of Law P. O. Box 30369-00100 Nairobi.
The application should reach this office on or before 30th October 2018.
ALL APPLICANTS are required to comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance by the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The Kenya School of Law is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.