Kenya Utalii College Human Resources Manager Job 2016
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Kenya Utalii College
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Utalii College
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Established in 1969, Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is Africa’s premier hospitality and tourism training institution. With over 60,000 graduates to date, the College remains the region’s single largest producer of skilled personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry: a large number of whom hold top-ranking positions in renowned organizations all over the world.
The College is a state corporation established by the Tourism Act, 2011. In its quest to continuously match the dynamic global demand, the Council of Kenya Utalii College has embarked on a transformative agenda for this notable institution.
Accordingly, the Council is looking for an experienced and vibrant professional to fill the following position:
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Principal, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and implementing the human resource and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes aligned to the College objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of human resource policies, rules and regulations, including those related to pensions, salaries, labour laws and other statutes relating to human resource;
- Conduct a regular and comprehensive functional review and staff audit and provide a strategic direction on its appropriateness;
- Ensure the development of appropriate administration structures to ensure optimum utilisation of staff;
- Oversee the implementation of an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking and evaluating employees activities;
- Benefits administration as well as employee relations aimed at staff morale, increasing productivity and enhancing organisational effectiveness;
- Lead and facilitate change management and implement leadership, management and staff development programmes for efficient service delivery;
- Maintain manpower, succession and development plans for talent and critical staff to support business plans;
- Advising on proper recruitment, deployment, staff performance and career progression;
- Making appropriate recommendations and proposals on human resource planning and succession management;
- Enforcing safety and security procedures and measures;
- Guiding, mentoring and supervision of staff under him/her.
Skills and Attributes
- Masters degree in Human Resource or Business with a specialization in human resource from a recognised university in Kenya;
- A Diploma in human resource management;
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which must be at senior management level;
- A member of good standing with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or other recognised professional bodies;
- Working experience with HRMIS.
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in human resource management issues;
- Team player, result-oriented, possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Conversant with the Kenya Labour Laws;
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications.
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and are, therefore, required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with their application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- A Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply in writing or via e-mail.
- Applications must include a cover letter and detailed CV stating relevant experience and qualifications, current position, remuneration, contact details and references.
- Applications must be received on or before 16th November, 2016: late submissions will be rejected.
- Applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman, Council,
- Kenya Utalii College,
- Off Thika Road,
- P. O. Box 31052-00600,
- E-mail applications should be sent to: [email protected]
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted.