Education Director Job At Kiambu County In Kenya
Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Education, ICT, Culture & Social Services pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and section 59 of the County Governments Act, 2012.
Director Education – Youth Polytechnics, Job Group “R’’ (1 POST)
Will be directly reporting to the Chief Officer – Education, ICT, Culture & Social Services.
Requirements For Education Director Job
- Have at least five (5) years working experience in management of technical or vocational training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or vocational training from a recognized University.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from the Kenya School of Government.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Technical and Vocational Training Policy (TVET).
Have excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills.
- Demonstrate professional competence in work performance and be result oriented in execution of duties and responsibilities.
Education Director Job Responsibilities
- To provide input in development, reviewing and monitoring technical vocational training in the County.
- Mobilizing resources for Technical Innovation Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TIVET) projects and programmes.
- To promote technical vocational training as alternative skills process.
- To improve and upgrade certification of technical vocational training centres in the County.
- To coordinate technical education programmes in technical vocational training centres in the County.
- To coordinate quality assurance programmes in TVET institutions.
- Develop partnership with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Technical and Vocational Training Centres.
How to apply:
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting
Further, applicants should seek clearance from:
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) and attach copies or evidence thereof to their applications.
The applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 – 00900
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the box provided for the position on the first floor, Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public
Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Wednesday, 15th June, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Officers already serving within the County are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to immediate disqualification.
Kiambu County is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
People from non-dominant community are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.